Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bond_007

People who use/used accutane ANSWER

How did accutane affect your hair?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. How did accutane affect your hair?

• None
    • Minor problems but returned to normal after treatment
    • Minor problems and did not return to normal after treatment
    • Significant hair loss

I want to go on accutane but a side effect (although rare) that I'm scared of is thinning of the hair and I couldn't handle that. I'd rather have acne than a bald head, and thats saying something.

Did any of you have hair problems while on/after this drug?

simple use low dossage, the only way isotretinoin could cause hairloss is if it mess with the division cycle of the cell and this only happen with high dossages , if you use less than 30mg per day you will be 99,99% safe

good luck

ive bin on a 40/80 mg...alternating for 5 months now.....my hair is good enuff for an alberto commercial....i think hair loss is one of the more rare side effects...

I don't think my hair thinned. And if it did, I didn't notice it. It's adverse for the hair loss to be permanent. If you're afraid of hair loss I'd recommend reading the other side-effects as well...including brain pressure increasing, chronic dry skin/eyes, mild to chronic joint pain, inflammatory bowel syndrome, etcetc....The list goes on. Not to be intrusive or anything, but by the way you talk It doesn't sound like your acne is severe enough to go on accutane.

Can you give a lil description?

well it so far looks quite conclusive that effects on your hair from accutane are extremely rare to non-existent.

Hi thanks for the votes

I guess I shouldn't worry about it then. My acne is mild/moderate on the chin for the person who asked.

I've been on Accutane twice... Nope, I didn't experience any hair loss smile.gif..