Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
majiji

New to Scar treatments

Hey guys, this is my first time posting on the site, although i have read many of the posts. I heard that dermarolling is good for shallow rolling scars, so I was wondering how it work out if I still was on the regimen. I have a lot of unevenness on my cheeks from rolling scars and a few icepicks. Although I do have these scars on my right cheek that look like someone slashed me when in bad lighting.

So, my questions are: Would I have to stop the regimen to start dermarolling? Or can I restart the regimen the day after rolling?

I'll be using a 1 mm dermaroller for now and then ill start using 1.5 later on. I just want to start out easy and gradually increase the pressure. I'm not totally depressed about my scars, but I do want to do something about them.

Hey guys, this is my first time posting on the site, although i have read many of the posts. I heard that dermarolling is good for shallow rolling scars, so I was wondering how it work out if I still was on the regimen. I have a lot of unevenness on my cheeks from rolling scars and a few icepicks. Although I do have these scars on my right cheek that look like someone slashed me when in bad lighting.

So, my questions are: Would I have to stop the regimen to start dermarolling? Or can I restart the regimen the day after rolling?

I'll be using a 1 mm dermaroller for now and then ill start using 1.5 later on. I just want to start out easy and gradually increase the pressure. I'm not totally depressed about my scars, but I do want to do something about them.

With something as serious as your face, I don't recommend playing with toys or doing this or that. Get some doctor with loads of experience to deal with you. That is my recommendation. As of now, I am using Differin .1%. Its helped. Now perfect but, its helped. Perfect would be no scar, my doctor got off his fat ass, and got me a dermatologist 2yrs ago instead of missing my appointments by 3month which lead to a cystic breakout that left me with a shallow scar. Clear acne first, then look into scar treatment, and go from there.

Well actually I'm still on the regimen to prevent more acne. And so far I haven't had so many breakouts. But as of now I just have a little red marks left over and some scarring left frm chickenpox scars and some shallow rolling scars from previous acne.

So, would I have to stop my regimen for a while or restart it the day after rolling? in the morning, I use bp as a topical and dan's aha at night.

Well actually I'm still on the regimen to prevent more acne. And so far I haven't had so many breakouts. But as of now I just have a little red marks left over and some scarring left frm chickenpox scars and some shallow rolling scars from previous acne.

So, would I have to stop my regimen for a while or restart it the day after rolling? in the morning, I use bp as a topical and dan's aha at night.

Like i had said, speak to a professional before doing any damage yourself. Worst case scenario, you can sue, get a good lawyer, and buy a new face (if even possible) if you pay and they fuck up stuff.

Like i had said, speak to a professional before doing any damage yourself. Worst case scenario, you can sue, get a good lawyer, and buy a new face (if even possible) if you pay and they fuck up stuff.

Before having any cosmetic procedure done, most of the doctors - if not all - make you sign a paper so if they do happen to "fuck up stuff", you can't sue them. Most doctors will just try & sell you what they have - whether it be dermabrasion or a laser - whether they think it will truly be beneficial for your skin or not. So why not start off with something non-invasive, like dermarolling, especially if the scarring is shallow?

& To the OP - it's best to have your acne fully under control before starting scar treatment. Not a 'maybe' under control. Reason being you could possibly break out from scar treatment & end up getting more/worse scars than you started with.

Edited by Sapphire Lily

Well thanks for the advice. I'm actually thinking of consulting a dermatologist about my skin soon.

Before having any cosmetic procedure done, most of the doctors - if not all - make you sign a paper so if they do happen to "fuck up stuff", you can't sue them. Most doctors will just try & sell you what they have - whether it be dermabrasion or a laser - whether they think it will truly be beneficial for your skin or not. So why not start off with something non-invasive, like dermarolling, especially if the scarring is shallow?

& To the OP - it's best to have your acne fully under control before starting scar treatment. Not a 'maybe' under control. Reason being you could possibly break out from scar treatment & end up getting more/worse scars than you started with.

So, what exactly is under control? I don't have pimples or pustules. It just has some postinflammatory hyperpigmentation.