Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BabyFirefly

mild PIH, don't know what else to do

Hi! First post here...

I'm a 21 year old latina with mild PIH/redness on one side of my face and the bottom of my chin.

I've got my acne under control. Cutting down insanely on sugars, dairy, and using only baking soda as a cleanser has basically gotten rid of my acne so that's no longer a concern, it's just this darn PIH! That's what I get for picking my skin...

I don't know what else to try, so I'm writing here.

Here's what I've tried so far

- About 5 40% lactic acid peels (this has gotten rid of A LOT of the PIH but I'm impatient!)

- Bio Oil (works beautifully on my keratosis pilaris but gives me blackheads on my face)

- Honey (I have no idea if it helps the scars but I love how soft it makes my skin feel).

- Witch Hazel

- 4% Hydroquinone (for some reason it makes certain areas of my face red).

What else can I try?? I don't want to do a TCA peel since I don't want a week of downtime, but I'm willing to try any other option. This PIH is depressing me because everyone in my family keeps calling me "hideous" every day.

Thanks!

"This PIH is depressing me because everyone in my family keeps calling me "hideous" every day." thats horrible... dont listen to them honey :comfort: ... i have PIH scars and yeah their ugly but it makes the person look beautiful if they can still hold their head up with pride with them. yeah somedays may be harder than others but u no what, feeling like ur thee ish even when u look like ish (fake it till you make it right ;)) is just like a big middle finger to all that critize u :badgrin:

i've been using turmeric for them since like feb and ive seen improvement... hopefully by sept i have clear skin... idk if that might sound like a long time to you, but i dont see a problem with it especailly since im using something natural and not chemicals for my face...

its up to you ... if you've nvr heard of it for PIH marks then google it or something. tell me what u think :)

Edited by dragonfly21

I tried the aloe thing (from the plant). It actually stung my face a lot and didn't have a good effect there. I found it odd bcause for all my other scars it has worked.

I've heard of turmeric and I ordered some organic ones so I hope that works! I also ordered emu oil... I've heard it gives people acne but I'm very rarely getting any acne right now. If that fails I'll try the mask (I'd try it now but it's a tad costly).

i wouldn't risk it anyway.. if it does happen to cause a breakout *knock on wood* then that'll be extra marks to get rid of :/... u can always use natural vit e oil instead which doesn't cause acne

i wouldn't risk it anyway.. if it does happen to cause a breakout *knock on wood* then that'll be extra marks to get rid of :/... u can always use natural vit e oil instead which doesn't cause acne

How do you prevent/remove the stains with turmeric?

Having PIH is a good sign, the lesions are healing and it'll take time. I suggest you just leave them alone don't irritate them. I have some PIH they're very annoying I know but I want them to heal properly so that I don't end up with pitted scars..wounds take time to heal and so do PIH..