Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
twocoins

For those of you that use ACV...

Do you use it twice a day, as in morning and night?

I've been experimenting with a new regimin, and I feel like it may be working a little bit.

Morning:

- wash face in shower using Cetaphil as cleasner.

- moisturize

Night:

- wash face without touching it, literally put my head in the sink.

- ACV (50-50)

- BP only on zits

Can't really tell how well it's working. Haven't had any major breakouts like I usually do, but I've only been doing this for a few days now. Basically I'm wondering if I should use more ACV, as in applying it in the morning. Trying to use less, I think that letting my skin heal may be very helpful.

Let me know if I should add something to the mix. Read somewhere that using ACV in the shower might be helpful, willing to experiment.

it takes time to see improvements. i put acv on with a cotton ball after i wash my face before bed. it dries up quick and i can still sleep on my side if i want to.

I have been using ACV on and off for about 2 years now. First I used it neat and noticed it made my skin very red and irritated. So after a few weeks I diluted it 50/50 with spring water and used that as a toner, applying it morning and night with a cotton wool pad. Which worked a lot better, and wasn't so harsh. ACV is good for evening skin tone as it can have a bleaching effect.

I went about 6 months or so doing that 50/50 spring water/ACV as a toner, and didn't really see much improvement. So I've stopped using it now, literally last week. I think it's a great product to use as it's natural and it does have AHAs in it. But I think it'd probably work best for me as a spot treatment used concentrated.

My problem is that I get blocked pores, and I don't think the ACV was helping cleanse deep down, rather only helping control oiliness.

As for using it internally - I've not tried this. But I hear that 2 tbpsn diluted in water a day can have some sort of effect on your health - not sure how though.