Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fredjones

Smoking and getting pimples

So for the past week or so I have not consumed anything considered toxins

like no junk food, no sodas and no smoking weed

I have been on accutane for about 100 days now and before have not seen improvements in terms of not getting pimples and have been smoking weed everyday as well while on this course and before this course.

For the past week I have not smoked anything, no weed (i dont smoke cigs) and have also not gotten any pimples!

Before I could not go a few days without seeing a new pimple...but for the past week have not seen any new pimples.

I also have been using Turmeric powder on my face...maybe thats contributing...but probably a combination

or is it accutane kicking in? Maybe im at a point where pimples are stopping? But it seems too unlikely.

I haven't smoked anything for the past week and also have not gotten any new pimples for the past week.

Opinions?

Also before in the past I remember some weeks I would not smoke weed and felt like my skin was better during that week and then started smoking weed again and my skin got worse...but that was before accutane

I had clear skin from 17-20 years old. I started smoking weed when I was 20 about 3-5 times a week. And that's what started my acne.

So I did my research and found that THC lowers your white blood cell count, making it harder for your body to heal and so on.

Google it, that'll give you a better explanation than I can. Haha.

IMO quitting drugs is never a bad thing; if your acne is the only motivation you need, I'm going to recommend you just take it and run with it.

GL buddy

im sure its not the weed. I smoke it at times and dont find it to aggravate my acne. I think the main cause to our acne is the way we think. I went to mexico 3 weeks ago because my cousing *who suffers from acne* had it pretty bad and it went all away *just has scars now*, so i decided to go and see this dermatologist *because the ones in the u.s. dont give a f*** about you* and i had told her about how i suffered from acne for some time. I told her how i lost a lot of weight because i was on a strict diet and i THOUGHT *like most ppl with acne* that food was a main cause to my breakouts, however, she quickly told me that food had NOTHING to do with acne and if i kept thinking that then it would cause me to breakout...placebo effect? well she told me to eat all the greasiest food there is and to go the next day. I went the next day and i was good and she told me how food isnt a cause in breaking out. She gave me some subscriptions and this cleanser from avene. ITs been 3 weeks since i came back to the states and my face is 90% clear!! im super happy and well try not to think about what causes it ? because if you stress on it, you will just get more. Forget about the acne and just live your life...soon you will find it will start going away. Visit a LEGIT dermatologist *one who isnt just for the money* and they will prescribe you something to control it. goodluck!! mann i typed a lot lol

I'm using avene. So amazing. She's prob semi right. If your acne is something other than acne I'd have to disagree with her. That's part of the problem I think. Most derms just misdiagnose their patients. And the placebo effect is def. legit. However I know for a fact my body does not process carbs well So I know it will show in my face somehow or another. My body is just sensitive to all that kinda stuff.

I don't know about this placebo thing cause acne isn't a mental issue, its a purely physical one. No one wants acne, everyone goes through great lengths to get rid of it so to say its a mental thing is completely wrong. If it was mental, i wouldn't have this problem because im always 100% positive and hopeful that every day its getting better and every day will be the last day that I get acne.

i don't choose when acne comes, it comes when ever my body feels like producing it.

Still to this day still haven't gotten any new pimples since stopping smoking...maybe i see one growing today. The turmeric powder i think is doing some good...i see maybe 5% improvement after a week of daily use.

I don't plan on quitting though...but if i do start smoking again and start seeing new pimples...I think I may have to give it up...