Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
wicky

Best supplement to stop clogged pores from forming

I go thru periods where my chin gets plugged up with what i think are clogged pores..some are white hard like grains of rice that I can sit right in my pore and need nothing more than a little lift with my tweezer to flick them out..what is this? I dont get it. Is it dried skin, or clogged pores..Sometimes they get really plugged and swell a little but for the most part the same pore fills up every night and every night i have to scrape them off. It is generally in the corners of my mouth down toward my chin. I cant seem to get a handle on what supplements would help this. At first I thought it was my because I didnt have enough linoleic acid and my body was now using oleic acid to moisturize my skin. Ive heard this can result in clogged pores. I have tried Flax, Fish, and Evening Primrose and every time I do i get acne type breakouts. I usually end of stopping short of every seeing results in the sebum department. What are my alternatives? My diet is fabulous. No gluten, sugar, dairy and low carbs. No matter how much water i drink too this doesnt seem to matter.

I already take zinc, flaxseed and eat low carbs and no sugar. In fact I only eat whole grains and avoid white flour. do you think increasing my omega 3's would help and is there a test that shows your IGF1 levels?

Guest Timehealsall

now that i think of it... i started getting these rice/grain like plugs after i used jojoba oil for a few weeks and they never stopped forming.

already doing the B5 from acnescript B5 & B6 vitamins...now im dry and every pore is clogged...so what does one wash with and how do you turn this around? I was so irriated and enflamed from my aesthethican going hog wild on thursday and not getting everything out. So now they have to heal with the plug still in them because she tore the skin..Im so f*** mad i cant stand it...I never know what to do when my skin acts like this...It raw and dehydrated like and therefore starting to overproduce more oil. I guess to compensate for that lack of it but the more I apply moisture it gets clogged...Every pore seems to be bulging...I upped my fish oil hoping it helps...I never heard of caprylic acid..Is it a supplement?.

already doing the B5 from acnescript B5 & B6 vitamins...now im dry and every pore is clogged...so what does one wash with and how do you turn this around? I was so irriated and enflamed from my aesthethican going hog wild on thursday and not getting everything out. So now they have to heal with the plug still in them because she tore the skin..Im so f*** mad i cant stand it...I never know what to do when my skin acts like this...It raw and dehydrated like and therefore starting to overproduce more oil. I guess to compensate for that lack of it but the more I apply moisture it gets clogged...Every pore seems to be bulging...I upped my fish oil hoping it helps...I never heard of caprylic acid..Is it a supplement?.

My skin gets clogged very easily and Complex 15 moisturizer is the only moisturizer I can use. It actually keeps my skin balanced. I've tried literally 40 different moisturizers - low-end, high-end, natural.

You have to give supplements time to start working. And don't be trying a lot of things at once because then you never know what contributes to what. Maybe you should try seeing a Naturopath?

Im already seeing a naturopath..she wants me to start on a liquid supplment called Skin Deep. Its got a bunch of things like burdock root and oregon grape and stinging nettle..Ive been taking various supplements for a year now...I think thats alot of time to give something. Its my cleasner I have a hard time with...Gentle ones clog me but anything harsher and that foams makes my rosacea go crazy...

Im already seeing a naturopath..she wants me to start on a liquid supplment called Skin Deep. Its got a bunch of things like burdock root and oregon grape and stinging nettle..Ive been taking various supplements for a year now...I think thats alot of time to give something. Its my cleasner I have a hard time with...Gentle ones clog me but anything harsher and that foams makes my rosacea go crazy...

Seems like you have been trying // are trying lots of things out. Your body's chemistry seems out of whack, IMO. Have you gotten blood work done to see if you are deficient in anything particular? If you have sensitive, rosacea skin, it most likely has to do with your diet. Drink plenty of water, and then drink some more. Alkaline water [like lemon water] would be best. Squeeze half a lemon in a bottle [around 16oz] of water in the morning and also at night. Yeah, the right skin products might calm your skin down, but that's it. Any issue having to do with your skin is an imbalance on your insides, reflecting out. But I have read that CeraVe makes a good foaming facial cleanser for sensitive skin. I personally use Cetaphil's Gentle Cleanser. If gentle cleansers clog you, maybe it's the film residue they tend to leave behind. You could buy or make a toner with like rosewater and wipe your face down with a cotton ball after cleansing. I hear Thayer's makes a good rosewater toner. I would make my own, though, because they add extra ingredients like fragrance. I use witch hazel for a toner but I have read witch hazel might not be good for people with rosacea, I have also read that it is good for rosacea so who knows. It's all about trial and error...

thanks for your advise..It does seem like I've been trying a lot but I do wait a bit before moving on. Its been such a long road and I dont stick with something if I see it aggreavates the rosacea or makes me break out.Whats the point right? You had some good suggestions but I already do them..I've had more bloodwork than I can count and my FSH levels are high meaning menopause and androgen levels are within normal except my testosterone was a little low. I already take spironolactone. Its an anti androgen high blood pressure med that helps with hormaonal acne..Its a script but Im thinking it might be time to up the dose..I drink only water wth lemon all day every day...I like you thoughts about the toner and am wiping my face down with La Roche Posay Thermal Spring Water to remove residue and sooth. I've been trying a toner by Garden of Wisdom to hydrate and sooth as well as remove residue. Itsgot frankensensce in it and some other things to calm things. My diet is good as i eat no gluten or processed food or dairy..I cant think of anything else to try..my derm put me on doxy last wednesday to calm things down but I dont want to do another course of that so i will wean off that soon. If anyone else has thought on what they apply in the morning to stop the buildup I would appreciate it

No problem, yeah, I know about Spiro. I have taken it before. Maybe you should try upping the dose, you're right. I don't know if you have tried Zinc yet or not, but do a search on "Zinc and testosterone". It could help as well. I only take Zinc around my period because that's the only time I break out now, and it keeps me from getting any zits, but so many people take about 50mg every day. Try getting Zinc Picolinate, I get mine from Whole Foods, as studies show it's the most effective since it's most absorbed.

I don't really use any topicals [except toner and moisturizer] so I can't say much more, but hopefully someone else will chime in for you. :)