Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hello, I am 18 years old and I'm just now starting to have problems with acne. It's nothing too severe, but breakouts can be a real pain.

I have both oily and dry skin. When I wash my face, it becomes really dry and tight, but after a few hours it becomes really oily. I wear Revlon ColorStay foundation for combo/oily skin, thinking it would help a little with the oily skin, but my face is still really oily by the end of the school day. Plus, I can't even apply makeup without putting on a face lotion first, because my skin will be dry.

I usually break out around the edges of my nose, chin, and the area between my eyes. My nose is also covered intiny black dots - I'm assuming blackheads and pores. I use Olay Foaming Face Wash for sensitive skin.

Does anyone recommend another face wash and foundation I could use? I've tried Neutrogena Oil Free Acne Wash w/ salycic acid, but it made my skin 20x oiler. It was so gross, it was practically poring out of my nose. I'm a little wary when it comes to Neutrogena.

Thanks!

Yeah that cleanser is horrible, I was using it for almost a year; when I stopped I found out it was causing me so much irritation, its so fckn thick and harsh. I started using Cetaphil for oily skin, almost everyone I know backs it, its really good. Try it, and try a sulfur mask on your nose for the blackheads. As for foundation, we have some really smart girl vets, and I'm sure they've posted some good suggestions on the cosmetic & style forum, if you wanna check.