Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mandy

New to Acutane, and have a question...

Hey all, I am very new to acutane, I am on my 4th day, and VERY anxious for this stuff to start working. I've been doing a lot of reading on these boards. Which is why I decided tot ry it out myself. Anyways, Can anyone enlighten me on when the oiliness should stop, or at least slow down. I know, a little too soon to be wanting to see some results. But like I said, I am anxious. And also, I think I read somewhere that you don't pick or it will cause scars??? How true is that? And can I scratch it off???? Anyone else as new to acutane as I am???? unsure.gif

Hey all, I am very new to acutane, I am on my 4th day, and VERY anxious for this stuff to start working. I've been doing a lot of reading on these boards. Which is why I decided tot ry it out myself. Anyways, Can anyone enlighten me on when the oiliness should stop, or at least slow down. I know, a little too soon to be wanting to see some results. But like I said, I am anxious. And also, I think I read somewhere that you don't pick or it will cause scars??? How true is that? And can I scratch it off???? Anyone else as new to acutane as I am???? unsure.gif

The time for less oily skin will vary....took me a few weeks

What won't vary is that accutane will impede skin healing, so DO NOT touch your face at all if at all possible....it will increase the chances of scarring drastically. Just use a light cleanser 2x a day, and no other topicals on your skin.

My face is very oily... well WAS! I've been on Accutane for about a month now, and I noticed the oilyness was almost gone on the second week. Right about now there is pretty much no oil, but I've still been breaking out a tad. Don't pick! I picked sometimes and it felt fine but in a matter of minutes it was very irritated and I needed to use polysporin or something. Better of not picking or scratching!

Your skin will be much more sensitive so definately do not pick. I'm not sure how you got a hold of the prescription but I hope you know the side-effects to lookout for. It's always good to be cautious even If the side-effects are rare.

aCCutane

Thank you so much for the replies, I appreciate it more then you guys know! I do know what side effects to look out for, but its always nice to see how other people do on this medication, and to get some first hand opinions. Again, thank you!!!!!