Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
E4j4tr

Accutane Side Effects

I've now been off Accutane for about two months, and the results have been tremendous. I didn't think so at first, but after looking at these pics from a a few months back, I am very thankful.

The non-dated ones were taken today.

A definite improvement, but I cannot help but cringe at the sight of all the scarring when I look in the mirror (the one of me straight one). I have a lot of rolling scars on both cheeks, and some pits on my forehead as well. I am definitely considering getting a face peel someday if my scars don't fade in the way I would like, which will most likely be the case. Any treatment advice that would be helpful? eusa_angel.gif

Some side effects I've noted (besides the dramatically reduced number of nodules on my face) have been small but concerning. It seems that, in addition to the few I have inherited from my father, I have developed some varicose veins on my feet, legs, and even, dare I say it, on my scrotum. Those could be from excessive masturbation, though....

I just hope these scars will fade more, and that these varicose veins I'm worried about will go away as well. To those who have seen me from before, here I am now! wink.gif

Edited by E4j4tr

Congratulations, I am so happy for you. That is a tremendous improvement. Does it feel like an enormous weight has been lifted off your shoulders? That's how it felt for me when I completed my Accutane course. It is such a relief. :)

It is a relief for sure :) However, the fact that this scarring could be permanent scares me! :( Plus now that I'm off Accutane, not even the Differin I'm on is keeping me from getting little blackheads and occasional pimples...definitely a big improvement from before though, certainly! Maybe I just need to look into a good facial scrub and stay consistent with that.

Basically, Accutane does work if you really need it (i.e. if you have nodular acne, which is characterized by big, subcutaneous lumps or blood-filled sacs). I am a testament to that! =]

Edited by E4j4tr

When would you say you saw the most drastic improvement?

When would you say you stopped breaking out? I've read your other post about month 4 and still breaking out?

How long was your course and what dosages were you on?