Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Magggpie

What will the dermatologist do?

Hey guys,

I have a cyst on my chin. It's been there for a couple of weeks, and it no longer hurts or is tender. Instead, there's a purple-ish area around it, and when I stretch the skin, there's a white dome under there.

Since it's no longer inflamed, what can I have done to it? I want it gone because I'm assuming the purple area around it is the beginning of hyperpigmentation (I've had marks from previous cysts for months). I have a dermatologist appointment tomorrow, and based on my own experience, I usually need to tell them/ask them to do something or they give me topicals. Since the rest of my face is clear, I'm really not looking for something like that.

Anyway, what should be done? Would a cortisone injection work on a no-longer-inflamed spot? It's deep.

THANKS!

I would only try the cortisone if you think its necessary, as they tend to leave scars. Have you hit it with dryers like peroxide, TTO, high % BP, spot treat the F*ck. out of it, it has to die eventually ;)

nah, i've tried. it's just too deep. even if i steam my face and squeeze hard (bad i know!) only a TINY bit comes out

Well, if you've tried everything, and I'm assuming you've made it a lot worse by the failed pops, you should ask your dermo, specifically about the cortisone - theres still stuff in the blemish and that will kill it.

hm okay he said that it looks like it's healing and should go away on its own. helpful. i guess i'll just leave it alone. though from experience that makes it last a lot longer! oh well!

hm okay he said that it looks like it's healing and should go away on its own. helpful. i guess i'll just leave it alone. though from experience that makes it last a lot longer! oh well!

ahah i know thats exactly what you didn't want to here him say... I admire your patients though, I hope it goes awayyy