Notifications
Clear all

Raw cheese good or bad for acne?

MemberMember
(@helpchicken)

Posted : 04/17/2011 4:20 pm

Hey all, ive heard mixed things about Raw, organic cheese. On one hand, i've heard its ok for acne-sufferers because its non-pasteurized. On the other hand, I heard its still dairy and cannot be digested properly, and therefore still aggravates acne, just at a small level than regular cheese. Which is the truth? SHould i be safe and not try it? Is there any cheese I can eat? THanks

MemberMember
(@ben90)

Posted : 04/17/2011 4:26 pm

Try it and find out!

MemberMember
(@vanbelle)

Posted : 04/17/2011 4:41 pm

Raw cheese is better than pasteurized cheese that's for sure, but it still has casein (and some people call cheese a processed fat, so it should be avoided regardless). However, when it comes to IGF-1, this study says that there is no association with cheese and increases in your body's IGF-1 levels, so it might be safe in that respect. If you don't do well with casein, I mean I would avoid it.

MemberMember
(@sito)

Posted : 04/19/2011 6:56 pm

what about goat cheese??

i've been looking into getting some goat cheese, but i don't know what the pros and cons would be>>>

any1 know of this or can any1 Help me find this out?

MemberMember
(@chunkylard)

Posted : 04/19/2011 7:03 pm

Goat cheese suffers the same downsides as cow cheese.

It's hard to find raw dairy because Big Brother believes that raw unpasturized dairy is evil and will give you some parasite. As far as dairy goes, raw unpasturized kefir is the best and even people with lactose intolerance can tolerate it quite well.

If you're able to find raw unpasturized dairy, it shouldn't contribute too much to acne in moderate amounts. I'm not recommending you drink it, but if you want to use it in a recipe or as a snack or something, don't sweat too much if you're using raw dairy.

MemberMember
(@whoartthou1)

Posted : 05/09/2013 1:27 am

From my understanding, goat cheese has a2 casein, which is not really problematic, compared to a1 casein.

I think it is the lectins that are problematic and casein, not really the pasteurization process