Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Human #...

Walgreen's 3 Step Acne System (with Rejuventating Mask)

Just bought this product and the label said "compare to ingredients of Proactiv Solution System." I would like to see some reviews or discussion because I'm about to start using and I wanted to know how it worked for others. My face can be described as moderately severe so not really positive if this will work but I really want it too.

:think:

I want to be completely honest in my answer. I'm not sure how you will interpret this, but I am telling you that generally, over the counter acne kits only offer temporary relief. If your acne is moderately severe, you should consider visiting with a dermatologist. I have wasted a plethora of money on Clean & Clear, Neutrogena, AcneFree, StriDex.. and my acne still came back. I had to eventually take Accutane. I'm not saying that it's right for you, but you will be wasting your time and money on a kit that primarily contains Benzoyl Peroxide. BP is very harsh and irritating to your skin and can severely dry you out. When your skin is dry, it sends a message to your body asking for more oil. An increase in oil production can eventually lead to an increase in acne. Bottom line: the Walgreen's 3 Step Acne System will not cure your problem with acne.

Not only are the ingredient's likely similar, the results are probably too. Proactive, acnefree, and store brand knock-off 3-step programs are all basically the same thing. Wash, tone, benzoyl peroxide ''repairing lotion." Atm acnefree is doing well for me, however I really only bought it because low percent BP gel is like finding a golden duck egg on department store shelves.

I want to be completely honest in my answer. I'm not sure how you will interpret this, but I am telling you that generally, over the counter acne kits only offer temporary relief. If your acne is moderately severe, you should consider visiting with a dermatologist. I have wasted a plethora of money on Clean & Clear, Neutrogena, AcneFree, StriDex.. and my acne still came back. I had to eventually take Accutane. I'm not saying that it's right for you, but you will be wasting your time and money on a kit that primarily contains Benzoyl Peroxide. BP is very harsh and irritating to your skin and can severely dry you out. When your skin is dry, it sends a message to your body asking for more oil. An increase in oil production can eventually lead to an increase in acne. Bottom line: the Walgreen's 3 Step Acne System will not cure your problem with acne.

Sima, thanks for your insight. These are the thoughts that I had when I got this product. But I decided that I would try it anyway because you never know. If this product doesn't work then I will go to the dermatologist and do something asap to remove this crap.

P.S. I saw your pics, and you look gorgeous :).

Not only are the ingredient's likely similar, the results are probably too. Proactive, acnefree, and store brand knock-off 3-step programs are all basically the same thing. Wash, tone, benzoyl peroxide ''repairing lotion." Atm acnefree is doing well for me, however I really only bought it because low percent BP gel is like finding a golden duck egg on department store shelves.

Yeah I've had plenty of experience with benzoyl peroxide. Like I said above, I just want to try it and if it doesn't work, it isn't the first time I've dealt with dissapointment.

Sima, thanks for your insight. These are the thoughts that I had when I got this product. But I decided that I would try it anyway because you never know. If this product doesn't work then I will go to the dermatologist and do something asap to remove this crap.

P.S. I saw your pics, and you look gorgeous :).

I understand. :) I, too, spent a ton on over the counter products. I wish I could take it all back. I just reached a point to where I had no idea what I was doing anymore and knew I needed an expert's opinion. There's only so much you can do until you need help from a professional.

I know this stuff, i don't think it's a good stuff, i have one before, but it was broken after I bought for several days...

i cann't believe its quality.

, , ,

Edited by Terrilynlai

I know this stuff, i don't think it's a good stuff, i have one before, but it was broken after I bought for several days...

i cann't believe its quality.

, , ,

What do you mean by broken?