Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Silvius_leopold

Accutane and comedonal acne (WHITEHEADS)

I've suffered from comedonal acne and mild cystic acne for quite a few years, and am approaching my third month of accutane at 60mg per day for the whole 3 months.

I am 17 years old, and have sooooo many whiteheads all over my face, with the odd cystic lesion. The only side-effects I have gotten are dry lips, and a less oily face - and this worries me because when reading about the forum dry flakey face and far more obvious symptoms are normal. Is it working for me!? My face is pretty much exactly the same as when I started.

Does accutane clear comedonal acne? My blackheads haven't surfaced, gotten worse, or better, my skin is sooo stubborn, big pores, it's awful.

Please get back to me if you have any information or advice. Thank you

I would talk to your derm; you should have noticed some changes by now. Then again, some people dont' notice a difference until their fourth month. It is just so variable and so different for each person, you might clear up in month six.