Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Amy320

what's with this yellow moisturiser?!

So i've been on the regimen for 3 weeks now, a week and a half using my own products while i was waiting for the acne.org products to arrive. The small blackhead/bumps seem to be disappearing but my cystic acne has got worse! Anyway, does anyone else feel like they look like they should be in an episode of the simpsons? My face is so yellow from the acne.org moisturiser and doesn't seem to be helping the dryness that much, started adding jojoba oil the past few days but that doesn't seem to be doing much. I was using aloe vera gel before, i'm considering going back to this. Even though it didn't make the flakes disappear at least it didn't turn my face yellow! I've been using aloe vera gel and jojoba oil mixed together on my hands which have been dry recently so might try that. I'm just worried about messing the regimen up. I just feel awful having spots, flakes and yellow skin. I feel like a freak show! Has anyone got any sugestions please?

Edited by Amy320

Hey,

That's odd. I use the same moisturiser but my face doesn't turn yellow. Maybe you are using too much? Have you tried using less and seeing if there is a difference?

I use 3 pumps as suggested, which is alot and takes 20mins or so to absorb but thats how much it says to use :-( i have fair skin, don't know if that makes a difference, are you fair skinned?

Guest jms132
woah 3 pumps? i just use one pump with some vitamin e oil. 3 pumps is way too much.

I agree 1 pump takes me a while to work in 3 pumps would just be to much.

Do you not get dry skin. 3 pumps is what it says on the regimen though? And also states you can keep applying it as much as needed. I'm so confused?

yes, i know i just started the regimen also and first day i used two pumps and i was left with so much. so i just decreased it. if your skin feels good after one pump then no need for more.

My skin is so dry though still,is yours not?

well, no mine becomes good after the moisrozour maybe because i use only one pump of bp yet

So do i. One pump morning and night. How i'm going to get up to 3 i don't know. Maybe this just isn't for me. I don't know what else to try!

It all depends on your skin type. Somepeople will need 3, some 1. I use one a half and let the extra bit soak in. And how long have you been using it because your skin will need time to get used to it etc. try putting jojoba oil into 1 pump (maybe 2 if ur skin is a dry as u say it is) and see if that helps with thr dryness. You'll eventually learn how much/little to use etc. I hope your skin gets better soon and this works out for you.