Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey!

I have been using a BP creme for about 3 months and it really seems to work.

The problem is that i've been doing a lot of study on BP and i've started to get pretty skeptical about it..

I've used it for my back and breast acne, which has decreased it a lot, however i'm starting to break out in places i've never had problems before!! Like on my ass. :confused:

And i also get these small bumps on my underarms which i'm pretty sure i've never had before. Also i've read that when you stop using BP it might break you out worse then before - is that right?

I was just so happy I'd finally found something that works but now i'm thinking of quitting. ))):

Has anyone else experienced this?

Hi LadyApple19

It would be a very good idea to quit using BP. While it's immediate effects on acne are positive, it's long term effects are not. I was using BP off and on for well over 10 years and it wasn't until I found Dan's Regimen about 5 years ago that I used it EVERYDAY. I can tell you that my skin does not look my age (28) and I know it's also due to other harsh chemicals I've put on my face over the years not just BP. Not to mention BP ruins your clothes and towels from the peroxide's bleaching properties! Your skin is an organ and interacts with the rest of your body. I'm not saying that acne isn't caused by hormones or clogged pores from dirt and oil, but I would take a look at your overall health and diet. I've recently fell into the natural and holistic approach at dealing with skin problems and I believe mine is attributed to Candida and poor digestion. If your skin breaks out, it's a very good indication that it's telling you something is wrong internally.

My advice is to get off the BP and look at more natural methods and products. Take a look at this thread and others like it:

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/ACNE-CURE-t292477.html

Good luck!

Edited by LuN3yDaV3

Stop using BP. It prolongs acne marks and it is very drying and irritating. Further irritation and dryness of the skin sends a message to the body saying "Give me more oil! Bring on the oil". An increase in oil production leads to an increase in acne and starts the vicious cycle all over again.

My parents is very holistic orientated and it was kind of a rebel going on BP. I was manipulated by the things I've read into start using it because of the quick and visable effect. I've been feeling so free and confidence that i've not felt for years.

Yes I've been thinking about my diet - and I think I've always been eating pretty healthy. I'm a vegetarian and have always been. It's just depressing reading many things on how eating vegetarian will help acne. ): Cause, then why do I have it anyway?

Still I might suspect my diet to have to do with it, I just can't figure out what exactly it is that is the sinner..? The reason for my suspicion is that my sisters have it too.(but my parents doesn't)

Things we all tend to eat a lot of is bread.

Can acne have anything to do with being undernourished?

LuN3yDaV3

Yes, I was recomended to test if my acne is caused my Candida. Is it helping you? There is really a lot of things on can't eat on that diet, right?

LuN3yDaV3

OMG THANK YOU FOR THE LINK!! :D

I'm almost crying. I just bought Dans BP and payed like a mio. to get it shipped, but I would much rather try this! Thanks!!

No amount of cleaning your face will get rid of your acne unless you're a disgusting pig who rolls around in dirt (and even then, mud facials make your skin breathe easier so rolling around in mud might be more effective than BP.)

Acne is an issue of diet and lifestyle. I recommend you cut out the BP and switch to something more natural but just as effective like Tea Tree Oil. Also work on your diet.