Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

hello i just recently got a huge outbreak. few months ago and when to a few dermotologist. first one gave me bactrim and topical creme b.p erythromicyn and my acne when away. but left red marks and some rolling scars. when to the famous derm. in beverly hills spend alot of money she gave me a glycolic peel and sold me retino-a 1.pct been using it for two weeks my face is little red and dont know if its even working.. im worried depressed and cant affort any more procedures. summer is coming and i feel down. dont even go out no more due to my issues. can anyone help me on my huge problem.

post-149088-1303027415_thumb.jpg

post-149088-1303027426_thumb.jpg

post-149088-1303027415_thumb.jpg

post-149088-1303027426_thumb.jpg

Edited by mikedomes909

To start off, I'll tell you I'm a bisexual male so that you may feel at least somewhat of a woman is talking to you :D. You're skin's not bad at all with the redness removed (which might take around 6 months following last outbreak), and with the irritation you currently have, it looks like you have a mild case of acne (WELL DUH!), but it's likely blown out of proportion in your head. I'm telling you - depression's not worth it, I assume it's lack of self confidence. It usually comes down to women for us men (assuming you're straight), and they strive solely on partners confidence - just not cockyness. I see gorgeous women with men suffering from terrible acne, I see great looking men with women who have acne, and I see men with men who have acne.

You can hear these stories and ****, makes you feel good for about half an hour... then you're depressed again. So i'll stop there with the preaching.

But please, it's not worth it, try to keep telling yourself that.

And you obviously know not to pick at these, I assume - or have at least learned not to.

A lot of products get thrown around the website, so it's hard to pinpoint what exactly will help - but what worked for me was the Neostrata line, particularly the Oily Skin AHA 8% Oil free lotion & wash. It's a well reviewed line across the board, and isn't a company so full of itself that they would just stop trying (like Pro Active), I have never heard of Neostrata, I see no ads, but I see many great reviews saying it sometimes causes an initial breakout - but after that, the majority of users skin have cleared. It's fairly expensive, usually 20-30$ per product, but it's been worth it for me.

If that doesn't work (and I'd give it a solid month), try to remember if your acne has actually gotten worse and more agressive with the products you've been using, and then perhaps come to the conclusion that fighting this acne has actually not allowed your body to build a resistance to it, and consider a more natural soothing approach, even as far as ONLY using water to rinse your face, no lotions, then commonly after a month or so your body will rid itself of it (as long as your past puberty) as long as you eat good, and work out a little each day. During an initial breakout of this phase, do not pop ANY zits. After this phase, if the acne subsides, consider occasional peels (but allow a good stretch, around a month in between each) for the redness, with possibly microdermabrasion every other time.

Peels WON'T DO JACK **** unless you've been "cured" of acne, or it has come to a halt. You will just become dependent on them, and they're extremely pricey.

Acutane is another possibility, although drastic - and you might want to look into that as well.

I don't know what else to say, sorry if I've said too much. And I of course can't guarantee any of this will work. All I can say is good luck.

i had a huge break out due to stress and over treating my face..

git cystic acne never had it before when to dermotologist. gave me bactrim and topical ointment.

but after the acne when away red marks were left.... benzoil peroxide leaves marks people.

im seeking a faster treatment to fix the problem. anyone know what laser i need and a good price im short on money due to other treatments and products.

i when to dr. evans beverly hills and bought the hydroquinone 6 pct and retin a 0.1 pct but it leaves redness and fading to slow. i need help thinking of getting the tca but my skin might be to sensetive right know. does anyone have any suggesions. look at my pics

i had a huge break out due to stress and over treating my face..

git cystic acne never had it before when to dermotologist. gave me bactrim and topical ointment.

but after the acne when away red marks were left.... benzoil peroxide leaves marks people.

im seeking a faster treatment to fix the problem. anyone know what laser i need and a good price im short on money due to other treatments and products.

i when to dr. evans beverly hills and bought the hydroquinone 6 pct and retin a 0.1 pct but it leaves redness and fading to slow. i need help thinking of getting the tca but my skin might be to sensetive right know. does anyone have any suggesions. look at my pics

post-149088-1303296535_thumb.jpg

post-149088-1303296551_thumb.jpg

post-149088-1303296535_thumb.jpg

post-149088-1303296551_thumb.jpg

To start off, I'll tell you I'm a bisexual male so that you may feel at least somewhat of a woman is talking to you :D. You're skin's not bad at all with the redness removed (which might take around 6 months following last outbreak), and with the irritation you currently have, it looks like you have a mild case of acne (WELL DUH!), but it's likely blown out of proportion in your head. I'm telling you - depression's not worth it, I assume it's lack of self confidence. It usually comes down to women for us men (assuming you're straight), and they strive solely on partners confidence - just not cockyness. I see gorgeous women with men suffering from terrible acne, I see great looking men with women who have acne, and I see men with men who have acne.

You can hear these stories and ****, makes you feel good for about half an hour... then you're depressed again. So i'll stop there with the preaching.

But please, it's not worth it, try to keep telling yourself that.

And you obviously know not to pick at these, I assume - or have at least learned not to.

A lot of products get thrown around the website, so it's hard to pinpoint what exactly will help - but what worked for me was the Neostrata line, particularly the Oily Skin AHA 8% Oil free lotion & wash. It's a well reviewed line across the board, and isn't a company so full of itself that they would just stop trying (like Pro Active), I have never heard of Neostrata, I see no ads, but I see many great reviews saying it sometimes causes an initial breakout - but after that, the majority of users skin have cleared. It's fairly expensive, usually 20-30$ per product, but it's been worth it for me.

If that doesn't work (and I'd give it a solid month), try to remember if your acne has actually gotten worse and more agressive with the products you've been using, and then perhaps come to the conclusion that fighting this acne has actually not allowed your body to build a resistance to it, and consider a more natural soothing approach, even as far as ONLY using water to rinse your face, no lotions, then commonly after a month or so your body will rid itself of it (as long as your past puberty) as long as you eat good, and work out a little each day. During an initial breakout of this phase, do not pop ANY zits. After this phase, if the acne subsides, consider occasional peels (but allow a good stretch, around a month in between each) for the redness, with possibly microdermabrasion every other time.

Peels WON'T DO JACK **** unless you've been "cured" of acne, or it has come to a halt. You will just become dependent on them, and they're extremely pricey.

Acutane is another possibility, although drastic - and you might want to look into that as well.

I don't know what else to say, sorry if I've said too much. And I of course can't guarantee any of this will work. All I can say is good luck.

Its much more.than that. I had a clear face.and.was.very.confident now im so self conscience when.i go out on public. I stop going to the gym its been 5 weeks and I was a die.hard gym rat. I stop talkimg to people cuz I felt down. I get a pimple like every other week. But my marks are red. the pills that I take assist my depression. And make it worst.. Dont even go out on the weeknds and just stay home.. Never thought I would feel like this ..and using the retin a made me more red but doctor said keep applying that it will fade them with time its summer and im stuck indoors. Apologise for trying to vent

I think my heart skipped a beat when I read that the Neostrata line worked for you! I have begun using it and I'd really like to know how long it took for it to eliminate your acne and acne red marks!

:D

HEY mikedomes .. im in the exact same shoes as you like eveything you said i couldnt of said better. i had a huge breakout and nevr in my life i got redmarks and suddenly after ervy zit they form.. i am huge gym freak too very fit for my age playing highschool football but i have been home everyday this summer and not been able to been to one practice because all these red marks on my cheeks .PLEASE dude can you give me an update of what happened im in desperate need of help right now. And like i said im going through EXACTLY what you went through and now i just need a word of advice i had very good complexion and my overall skin tone now i look like crap.. please please please respond

Hey man, sorry to tell you this but it ain't gonna heal straight up. Time is the only option. I had a huge break out too about 6 month ago and I tried everything, I still have the amrks now but they are starting to fade. Time is the only option i'm sorry to say as far as I am aware

Ohh :( well is there anything you know or someone you know that had really good succes .. mabye like a microdemebrasion or something you can only get a the derm?

I had similar marks for 3 years, looks fine in the morning now but when flushed during the day they get reddish still. Though it is much better than it was 3 years ago, the redness is not completely eliminated. I've had two laser treatments which accelerated my healing though.

However there are guys like this who have completely eliminated the redness in a very short time.

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Recovery-...42#entry2999742