Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rieann

did anyone use maybelline pure makeup??

maybelline discontinued this line which was cheap and face-friendly (for me), and i've been trying to find a good replacement.

i went over to neutrogena skin clearing foundation but i think its making my skin worse, and i should know better because i still use BP (although not as much as before) and this makeup as salicylic acid in it.

my eye has been wandering at both almay smart shade and loreal tru match. i think i just like the marketing and clean look of the almay foundation but the color is limited. what turns me on to tru match is that it looks lightweight and when i see the display there are a lot of pale/pinky options which i need. (i'm natural redhead w\ pale skin)

opinions?

I used Maybelline Pure before and it was a good foundation, great for use in the summertime, in my opinion. Between Almay Smart Shade or L'Oreal True Match, I would opt for the L'Oreal. I recently bought the Almay Smart Shade and it was very orange on me and offered very little coverage. I have heard good things about True Match, that it feels lightweight and doesnt irritate skin. Just an FYI for you, L'Oreal tests on animals which may or may not be a deciding factor for you when you choose your makeup.

maybelline discontinued this line which was cheap and face-friendly (for me), and i've been trying to find a good replacement.

i went over to neutrogena skin clearing foundation but i think its making my skin worse, and i should know better because i still use BP (although not as much as before) and this makeup as salicylic acid in it.

my eye has been wandering at both almay smart shade and loreal tru match. i think i just like the marketing and clean look of the almay foundation but the color is limited. what turns me on to tru match is that it looks lightweight and when i see the display there are a lot of pale/pinky options which i need. (i'm natural redhead w\ pale skin)

opinions?

HI!

for me maybelline pure makeup sucks! i don't like that makeup but i bought that products for three time because it are cheap and from drugstore .

you don't have to use loreal or that product of almay, that products aren't for people who has acne and acne is the principal problem that you have to treat and care, i think in that way and thats the first thing that i think when i'm gonna buy some product or makeup for apply on my face.

I recommend you the almay clear complexion, has salicylic acid and is for oily skin. is cheap and from drugstore. I really like that foundation, is medium coverage and very friendly with my skin, for me is so much better than maybelline pure makeup.

good luck!

I started using Almay products around the same time i stopped breaking out. I do get pimples still just not as bad or as often as I did before. I don't like their smart shade brand because it looks orangy (im pale with blonde hair and i've had a natural looking red before too) so I wouldn't suggest it.

Almay doesn't really cover all that well, but for me no brand really has unless it goes on heavy and usually will make me break out.