Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Faithx0

My journey with pictures :)

yeah dan says he still does the regimen after alllllllll these years (like 10+ years) because when he stops he breaks out in a bunch of little pimples :S . it's a vicious circle, lol. and i wrote dan an email about the skin tone question, i'll let you know what he says (if he answers me)

Day 12

I bumped the BP up to 3/4 of a pump today. My face was a little itchy after, but after I applied the moisturizer on, it calmed down. I'll see how my skin is handling it later on this week so I can determine when to try 1 pump.

I woke up with a couple new additions to my face. The one under my eye is getting bigger, and I now have one coming in on my left cheek where one JUST went away! I feel like I have had one in this spot for the last 3 weeks, as soon as it goes away another one pops up in the same area! The breakout on my right side is still healing.. taking its SWEET time may I add. I'm also getting one RIGHT next to my giant cyst on my chin (which still hasn't healed all the way.)

Thanks to this blog, I see how LONG my breakouts take to heal. I first reported my breakout on my right side 6 days ago and there has only been a minor change since then. Is it normal for a blemish to take over a week to go away? Or are mine just really deep, which would makes sense because that's why I ALWAYS get marks afterwords.

:doubt: All in all I'm not too pleased. But Dan's "What to expect" did say that there would be a break out during week 2. Which I guess is what I'm getting! I can't wait to get away from week 2 already!

Only 6 days? The larger ones on my face take about 7 days to come out, then stay like that for about 4 days and then start to fade which takes several weeks every single time. I still have some marks from pimples I had months ago.

Only 6 days? The larger ones on my face take about 7 days to come out, then stay like that for about 4 days and then start to fade which takes several weeks every single time. I still have some marks from pimples I had months ago.

No, longer than six days for me too, I still have them for the most part now. I just never thought about how long ONE takes to go away ya know? I deff still have marks from pimples I had forever ago as well so I understand. :)

Day 14 (2 weeks!)

So I'm on day 14! I'm at 3/4 of BP. It really makes my skin itchy when I put it on. It also dries my face out. The lotion and the Jojoba oil helps a lot, but after like 6 hours my face feels a bit dry again. My face is also flaking a bit. Not horribly, but if I look close in the mirror after washing I see small white flakes. I think I'll give it a week before bumping it up to one full dosage, cause my skin seems to have a bit more trouble adjusting to this amount of BP.

I have a big one on my left cheek >.< like I mentioned in my last update that seems to always be there, it leaves and then comes back a couple days later right next to the previous one.The breakout on my right side is almost gone, not quiet to the point where they are little red marks on my skin because they're raised a bit. It's like I get all excited that they are finally gone, only to realize they left a lovely mark behind that will take months and months to go away. :doh:

The Regimen is definitely time consuming, and I'm going through a lot of hand soap! I wash my hands before doing any of these steps.

Routine

-Wash face with Dan's cleanser 2 pumps. (3 is a little too much for me, and two has the same lathering affect.)

-wait 8 min- (My face actually dries really fast after I cleanse it, and then it feels all tight, but I try to give it 8 minutes to sit anyway.)

-Jojoba oil mask - I put drops of the Jojoba oil on my hand and then gently massage my face with it. (This step definitely adds time to the Regimen because the Jojoba oil makes my skin a bit oily looking for the first 15 min, but It really helps with the flakes.)

-Wait 15 min-

-3/4 pump of BP- (this takes a couple of minutes because I go very slow.)

-Wait 10 minutes-

-Apply Dan's Moisturizer (I add a couple drops of Jojoba oil to it)

It prob takes me around 45 minutes every morning and night to do it all, I of course don't sit there staring at the mirror for that long, I'll do a step and then go do something else while I let it sit.

I just wanted to write down exactly what I do, so that anyone reading this who is considering doing the Regimen can get an idea on how time consuming it is.

You dont exactly have to wait 15 mins after cleansing to put on the bp or jojoba oil. I used to but it made my skin too dry. Now i only wait about 5 mins until it isnt wet anymore and and then apply the bp. Although you do have to wait at least 15 mins after applying the bp to put on moisturizer.

I just mix the jojoba oil into my moisturizer and it seems to control the flakes, but i might have to try putting it on before the bp. does it make your skin look any oilier?

You dont exactly have to wait 15 mins after cleansing to put on the bp or jojoba oil. I used to but it made my skin too dry. Now i only wait about 5 mins until it isnt wet anymore and and then apply the bp. Although you do have to wait at least 15 mins after applying the bp to put on moisturizer.

I just mix the jojoba oil into my moisturizer and it seems to control the flakes, but i might have to try putting it on before the bp. does it make your skin look any oilier?

Oh okay, I'll just wait 5 minutes then! My face feels so dry though after cleansing that I put Jojoba oil on it before applying BP. It does make my skin look oily for like the first 15 min then its okay a bit shiny but nothing serious.

Day 15

RANT:

I am just having one of those days where I feel so crappy. I didn't sleep at all last night, because I was studying for a final I had this morning. I haven't wore makeup in 5 days, but since I had class this morning I put some on. (I have a lot of red marks so I can't stand leaving the house without makeup on, it makes me so insecure.) My face is a flaky MESS! It is so dry and scaly looking it's horrible. The makeup hit my marks but it looked so bad because of how dry my skin is, I look like a reptile. I ran into an old friend and just kept staring at the ground because I didn't want her to notice. She of course has perfect skin. Blehhh, and I have plans with some friends over the next couple of days but I don't know if I can handle them seeing me like this. All in all my self esteem is just low and I really want my skin to adjust to the BP already.

Faith,

I just wanted to let you know what a BEAUTIFUL girl you are. When I look in the mirror, I only see my acne, and that's what I feel like other people see too.. instead of my entire face. But you are living proof that you can be beautiful while having acne. :)

Faith,

I just wanted to let you know what a BEAUTIFUL girl you are. When I look in the mirror, I only see my acne, and that's what I feel like other people see too.. instead of my entire face. But you are living proof that you can be beautiful while having acne. :)

Aw you just almost made me cry! As you can tell from the little rant I just had I'm having a horrible day. Thank you for saying that it really cheered me up! :D I think we focus so much on our acne because it's on us, but maybe other people just note it and then over look it. :)

Okay so here is my picture from week one on the Regimen. You can see the breakout on my cheek. I just got out of the shower and applied jojoba oil, which is why my face seems so shiny.

Day 8

http://i1222.photobucket.com/albums/dd486/Faithx02/002.jpg

and here is a close up of the break out

http://i1222.photobucket.com/albums/dd486/Faithx02/006.jpg

Edited by Faithx0
I think we focus so much on our acne because it's on us, but maybe other people just note it and then over look it. :)

Correct! Granted, I looked at your skin in the pictures you posted, but of course, that's why you posted them. But within about a second, I wasn't paying attention to that because I saw your smile. :D Believe me, that's what counts most.

Sure, you'll have your good days and your bad days, or days when you just feel crap for no real reason, but we're all like that. By the look of things, if you stick with your regimen and let it do its thing, everything will work out just as you'd like. :clap:

I think we focus so much on our acne because it's on us, but maybe other people just note it and then over look it. :)

Correct! Granted, I looked at your skin in the pictures you posted, but of course, that's why you posted them. But within about a second, I wasn't paying attention to that because I saw your smile. :D Believe me, that's what counts most.

Sure, you'll have your good days and your bad days, or days when you just feel crap for no real reason, but we're all like that. By the look of things, if you stick with your regimen and let it do its thing, everything will work out just as you'd like. :clap:

Those are some true words of wisdom right there! :D I really love this site and how supportive and nice everyone is. I am in a better mood just from the kind words I got on here!

The bad days really suck but I'm excited for the good ones! :pray:

1. You are a beautiful girl

2. Try stopping jojoba oil for a week. It sounds like you and me have the same type of skin, and anything with oil makes my skin breakout from underneath.

For one day try washing your face with the cleanser, and instead of drying it off or letting it air dry, put BP in your hands and wipe it into your face while your face is still wet. Rub it in circular motions until your face is just moist instead of wet. Then let it air dry from being that slightly moist.

Try that just once to see if your face feels better at all.

2. Try stopping jojoba oil for a week. It sounds like you and me have the same type of skin, and anything with oil makes my skin breakout from underneath.

For one day try washing your face with the cleanser, and instead of drying it off or letting it air dry, put BP in your hands and wipe it into your face while your face is still wet. Rub it in circular motions until your face is just moist instead of wet. Then let it air dry from being that slightly moist.

Jojoba oil is similar to the oils your skin produces, i highly doubt stopping will stop any breakouts. Also applying bp while your skin is still wet is an awful idea, sorry. You need to let your skin dry until you apply the bp.

Jojoba oil is similar to the oils your skin produces, i highly doubt stopping will stop any breakouts. Also applying bp while your skin is still wet is an awful idea, sorry. You need to let your skin dry until you apply the bp.

You are right about the jojoba oil, however our body should naturally produce our oils. For some people it is not good to always add oils to their face, I am one of those people. Applying benzoyl peroxide to the face when it's still wet adds a mixture of the water in with the BP which is supposed to decrease the harshness on the skin actually. If you can share the harmful effects, please do.

Day 20

I bumped it up to one full pump of BP today. Holy smokes! It feels like SOO much! I can't even imagine two pumps! I can't help but to wonder if cause dan is a man, and has a bigger face, if he needs more than I would. I'm still going to get to two pumps though, it's just a thought.

I just put it on and it's still setting so idk about side affects just yet. It's a bit itchy though. Ahaha I just noticed that bit and itchy shouldn't be used next to each other. :)

When I cleanse my face in the morning there is a lot of a little white flakes. Blehh I wish my skin would adjust already. My summer classes start tomorrow so hopefully I wont be all red and peeling tomorrow. *Crosses fingers*

Face wise, I haven't really seen any improvements just yet, I have a cyst on the LEFT side of my face now, just when the one on the right started to heal. :rolleyes: I also have a baby one on my chin that I am not to concerned with.

However! I had all these bumps on the top my neck, but now they're all completely gone!!! :D BP kicked their butts fast.

WARNING

Okay, so since I planned on being in the sun today, I decided to use my old moisturizer, Cetaphil, daily moisturizer SPF 15. I have used it for over a year now so I thought it would be fine. It did not go well with the BP! It clumped up and made it nearly impossible to blend in! I even added Jojoba oil. I had to be rough to get it to blend it (which is a no no on the Regimen) I added some of Dan's moisturizer on top and my face was all red after. >.< From now on I'm only using Dan's moisturizer!

Edited by Faithx0

Hey faith, you're a gorgeous gal :)

I'm on day eleven of the regimen and there's been ups and downs along the way.

I got four new additions to the right side of my face all at once the other day which was such a blow in addition to a few here and there I have been getting thus far :( but I just keep looking at the before and afters and success stories to motivate me to continue.

Anyways stay strong and keep us posted!

Hey faith, you're a gorgeous gal :)

I'm on day eleven of the regimen and there's been ups and downs along the way.

I got four new additions to the right side of my face all at once the other day which was such a blow in addition to a few here and there I have been getting thus far :( but I just keep looking at the before and afters and success stories to motivate me to continue.

Anyways stay strong and keep us posted!

Hey!

Why thank you! :)

Yeah don't worry about your new additions it's probably just purging. Whenever I get bothered by it I just think about how my skin is going to look in a couple of months! I'm really excited . I'll be sure to keep posting but also let me know how its going for you as well. :)

Day 22

So yesterday I started wearing makeup again, since my summer classes started, it worked out nicely though. I haven't really worn makeup in the past 3 weeks; however when I did (which was probably twice at the most) it would look REALLY flaky and scaly. It was just gross. Yesterday however, it went on smooth and looked good. I was a bit oily looking (since I do a Jojoba mask before BP and then add some to the moisturizer) but a blotting sheet took care of that. I had my makeup on all day and my face didn't feel too dry, a bit tight but nothing horrible.

Today I decided to skip my Jojoba mask and just do the Regimen the regular way (I did add Jojoba to my moisturizer though.) Seriously with in an hour of leaving my house my face was insanely dry! Like it was itchy and tight. I had to go all day like that at school. :snooty:

Basically I learned that the Jojoba mask is a MUST for me, at least at this point. It kind of sucks cause it does make my face a bit shiny, but like I said blotting sheets handled that nicely. I would rather be a bit shiny than scaly!

One of my new goals, or hopes, is that after 6 months I can be clear/confident enough to go without foundation.

on a side note I am noticing that my face is starting to look smoother. :D Also, I got baby zits from plucking around my eye browse two days ago, (a little suggestion for the ladies, keep your tweezers clean to help prevent this!) not only were they super small, as opposed to my usual gigantic ones, but they're also practically gone at this point! Two days! That's like a record for one of mine to vanish! So I am starting to notice improvements which is very exciting!

Edited by Faithx0

I have acne that's WAY worse than yours, and I'm a 19 year old male whose been suffering since I was about 16 lol. I've never had to worry about makeup of course :P

At the stage you're at now (judging by the pictures), you should try wearing no makeup at all. Believe me, you look amazing in them, but I'm sure you're used to hearing that ;). Go out with no makeup on, at least try to feel comfortable, and it'll show on the outside too. Plus, wearing less makeup will help your skin a great deal.

Good luck, and don't give up. :)

I have acne that's WAY worse than yours, and I'm a 19 year old male whose been suffering since I was about 16 lol. I've never had to worry about makeup of course :P

At the stage you're at now (judging by the pictures), you should try wearing no makeup at all. Believe me, you look amazing in them, but I'm sure you're used to hearing that ;). Go out with no makeup on, at least try to feel comfortable, and it'll show on the outside too. Plus, wearing less makeup will help your skin a great deal.

Good luck, and don't give up. :)

Thank you! I deff do want to get to the point where I can go out without foundation on, and feel comfortable. However, I have been wearing it while being in public for like 3 years now, so it's like a comfort thing. Kind of like a confidence boost I suppose. On days I would not wear makeup because I would run an errand or something I could barely look people in the face. I do get what your saying and that's something I really need to work on! :)