Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Faithx0

My journey with pictures :)

Hey everyone!

One of the biggest problems acne has cause me is poor self esteem. I can't even talk about it with friends or family cause it's too upsetting for me. I decided to keep a log of my journey with the regimen in hopes that I can get some support from people who understand. I am going to keep updated pictures of my progress. I’m so excited and nervous at the same time. I am NOT looking forward to the skin pealing I have been reading about! :shifty:

My Story:

Okay so throughout my life I always had near perfect skin. I would get a couple of blemishes here and there but nothing serious. . I never even wore makeup or thought about it. (This is something I can’t even imagine doing now!) My family all has clear skin so Acne was just never an issue for any of us. When I turned 18 out of nowhere my skin started breaking out terribly! And thus my battle with acne was born. Three years later and I’m still fighting it! I went through a period where I would have horrible painful breakouts. Now a day’s I usually have at least two huge blemishes, sometimes more at a time. All though I am glad I no longer am infested the ones I do get are REALLY big and last a long time. When they do finally fade an ugly red mark is always left behind. My whole face is covered in red marks from all my nasty break outs. I have decided the best thing for me to do is stop the breakouts and then worry about all the post pigmentation.

I will post pictures of myself in the morning when my room actually has lighting. :)

Thank you :) I'm going to use Dan's Regimen I am very nervous!

I'm about to upload pictures..

I hate taking pictures without foundation though. :/

hey welcome to acne.org :) .. those pictures are taken with foundation on, right? anyways good luck! i'm sure you will have great results if you stay faithful to the regimen!

Thanks so much for the welcome :)

and no I didn't have foundation on in those pictures. :/

Do you have any advice or tricks you have learned on the way?

Wow your face looks amazing without the foundation on! I can 90% assure that if you go on Dan's Regimen your face will get better. Just make sure that you stick with it for at least 2-3 weeks, and if you don't start to see any positive change, then you might need to change something in your routine. Good Luck :)

Thank you! That's very nice of you. I wish I could feel that way, I hate my face without foundation.

:/

DAY 4:

Okay, soday 4 is when I have read that people start seeing their first signs of flaky skin. So far my skin doesn't feel dry at all. It could be because I only use BP at night (like Dan suggested for the first week for those with sensitive skin) or maybe it's because I'm generous with my jojoba oil. Hmm as far as acne is concerned there hasn't been any change as of yet but hey it's only day four and I didn't think there would be!

Staying positive and hoping for the best. :)

Routine

Morning:

3 pumps of Dan's cleanser

3 pumps of Dan's moisturizer

(I add a couple drops of jojoba oil into the moisturizer)

Night:

3 pumps of Dan's cleanser

1/2 pump of BP

3 pumps of Dan's moisturizer

(I add a couple drops of jojoba oil into the moisturizer)

Makeup:

I know makeup is something I should be avoiding but I just can't.

I try to take it off as soon as I get home though, and not wear it on days I don't have class or work.

-Clinique redness solution primer with SPF 15 ( It's summer and it's sunny)

- Clinique acne solutions foundation

- Set it with Mac skin finish in natural

When I get home I remove my makeup with Jojoba oil.

Edited by Faithx0

Day 5

So I spoke too soon. I woke up and my face was tight. No pealing or anything yet but a bit uncomfortable. I have a giant cyst on my chin and two baby regular ones. :blink:

Anyway so I woke up washed my face like usual with 3 pumps

then I put some Jojoba oil on my face like a mask let it sit

then applied moisturizer.

After all that my face doesn't feel as tight so that's good.

:)

Day 6

I woke up this morning with three lovely new additions to the right side of my face. :doubt: I believe my skin is starting to "purge." It is also finals time so the stress probably isn't helping that much. My face is also starting to feel a little itchy from the BP. It's not horrible but being itchy isn't fun. I'm a little nervous to bump it up to twice a day when it just started being itchy. I don't know if I should give my skin a couple more days to adjust or just bump it. Hmm..

According to Dan's what to expect chart, the second week seems to be the worst. So I'm preparing myself for that. All the reading I have done on what to expect and what happened to other people's skin has really helped me. Otherwise waking up with an itchy face and three new blemishes would have made me question the regimen. However I expected it so it doesn't seem as bad. :)

Day 8

I bumped up my dosage of BP today to twice a day. I noticed that after I washed my face my skin was starting to flake a bit. I put a mask of Jojoba Oil on before applying BP again. I'm still only using 1/2 pump of BP at the moment. The BP is still itchy when I put it on. I figured since I just started using it twice a day I would give my skin time to adjust to that before using more BP.

The giant earth taking over cyst on my chin is finally starting to go down a bit, but the three on my cheeks are annoying me. I hate that when I breakout they're so big and painful and ALWAYS leave marks, even if I don't touch them at all. :rolleyes:

Something weird happened today.. When I got home from class I noticed my foundation was darker than usual and my face was looking darker than my body. I kind of freaked out, but I thought maybe the BP was making my face darker like some people on the boards have said. However when I took my makeup off my skin didn't look different than my body.. so I guess it was the foundation. It's weird because the foundation matched my body BEFORE BP.

If anyone is reading this and has experienced something similar or knows what happened please let met know. :)

Hey im replying so I can keep track of your post :D. Im considering the routine but worried I will mess it up because I do something wrong. Also very pesamistic that it wont work because I have tried so many things before. Hope yours goes ok :rolleyes:

Faith, Your skin looks great! Those small brown marks is what i'm struggling with right now aswell. I'm going to try Dan's AHA tommorow :)

essex11 - Hey! You should deff give it a try! It's worth a shot, I mean worse case scenario you're back where you are now. Nothing changes ya know? I was a little worried I would mess it up so I pretty much read EVERYTHING under the "Get Clear" section, and many posts on this board. Not to mention Dan has You-tube video's walking you through the process step by step! Let me know if you're going to give it a try. :)

MrBodyacne- Thank you so much! :) I hate the left over marks! After I'm 6 weeks in the Regimen I'm going to try the AHA and see if it helps. Can you please let me know how it works out for you. :)

I am very tempted to give it a try, just hard to keep up with the routine for me as wel. Im going to see my dermatologist on saturday so will see after that and keep you updated :D

hey, i def know what you mean about your face being darker then your body. i was always very pale and after using BP my face is like 2 shades darker then my body, it sucks! it looks like bad foundation lol. but unlike you when i wash my makeup off my face is still darker.. so i really dont know why your foundation is suddenly not matching your bod! hmmm.

lol Maybe my face doesn't match my body and I'm just too red to realize at the moment. I'm at that itchy gross red face stage. With a nasty break out on the right side of my face. I deff don't want to go out this weekend. >.<

yeah the redness subsides and then your face just has more of a tanned look :( .. it blows lol. but still better then a faceful of acne IMO!

yeah the redness subsides and then your face just has more of a tanned look :( .. it blows lol. but still better then a faceful of acne IMO!

That's true! Way better! What do you do about it though? Like idk if I should wear a hat and tan the rest of my body so I match >.< lol

DAY 10

I noticed that my face is less red and doesn't feel as dry, so that's good. I think I'll give my skin until Sunday (day 12) before I bump the BP to 1 pump, that way my skin can completely adjust to twice a day. I want to get to the full amount but I would rather take it slow and let my skin adjust properly.

The breakout on my right cheek is finally starting to subside a bit. It got up to 7 blemishes though! Which is crazy and such a self esteem killer. I'm also getting one right under my eye. :rolleyes: Which is annoying because I don't put BP or anything there so I don't dry my eye area out.

I'm kind of glad it's finals time cause I have an excuse to stay in my room while I wait for the "pegging" stage to end. I'm also getting small bumps on my cleavage area which rarely happens, unless I put perfume there or something. I'm not sure what's causing it, it's minor so I'm not too worried about it but it's still annoying.

I'm on the second week which seems to be one of the tougher ones. I'm just ready to get through it!

hey faith, honestly idk what to do about it lol i haven't figured that out yet.. i'm thinking maybe i'll tan with a towel over my head? haha i have noo idea.. but it's kinda scary to think about, like why is the BP dying our face? :S .. it's got to be bad for the skin. i read on someone else's log that it makes your skin age prematurely. as much i love this regimen for how it helped my skin, there's just something about it that seems fishy to me..

oh ps, ive been on the DKR over 4 months and i still can't use 1 pump 2x a day (i'm at like 3/4 pump 2x a day and i still find that too much.. my skin hasn't adjusted yet and its still very dry, so i dont know if it will ever adjust) so yeah, don't rush it! your skin might adapt well to it, everyones different, but if it gets all crazy don't be scared to use less, it will probably work just as well (it did for me).

That is true it is kind of scary.. Has anyone else figured out exactly why it is that it's changing the color of our skin? I read that it only happens in the beginning but you're four months in so. :/ Premature aging does suck, idk what's worse though premature aging or acne? Wouldn't it be wonderful to not have to worry about either one!

Thanks for letting me know that you don't use the full amount, Dan was so specific about telling us to follow his instructions exactly has he says, and how we should be up to the full dosage after a month. That seems a little fast to me. So Sunday I'll just start 3/4 of BP instead of pushing it to one whole pump, that way I can see how it goes. :)

One thing that kind of scares me is how long I will need to be dependent on the Regimen, I have read in some cases people can't come off four years later without breaking out. That's scary.