Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
orange.froot

Wearing Makeup Overnight?

Hi,

I'll be staying overnight in a dormitory in mid-May and I have moderate hyperpigmentation. I've been trying to get rid of them with natural remedies, but they are working really really slowly. I was wondering if I can wear makeup for one night instead.

Does anyone have any other alternative solutions?

Thankyou

I wouldn't risk it in case it causes a break out. I hate being seen without makeup as well so what I do is take it off right before bed then wake up before everyone and apply it before they notice it was off.

You should wash it all off and cleanse your face thoroughly. Leaving makeup on overnight is a huge no-no. Makeup clogs your pores and leaves them congested which only makes the problem worse. Do not do it.

You should wash it all off and cleanse your face thoroughly. Leaving makeup on overnight is a huge no-no. Makeup clogs your pores and leaves them congested which only makes the problem worse. Do not do it.

I completely agree with Sima. And no one is even going to notice. It's dark while you sleep, and people won't pay attention to that anyway.

* This is an edit. Mrs. Grape doesn't live here anymore.

Cya, the Org.

Edited by Mrs. Grape

Nope, don't do it, no one will care. A lot of people have acne. You'll be surprised. Plus, at night your body temperature rises at around 3 am 4 am...and you become a little more sweaty, that sweat mixed with the left over makeup, builds up in your pores which equals a huge mess.

Just remember you are beautiful, don't aggravate your skin. I know insecurity is HUGE. But, you will only make it worse.

Remove it! If you have a breakout because of it, you'll regret it in the end. If you don't want to go through a big skin washing routine that night I recommend just bringing along simple makeup remover wipes.

I've been in the same situation before, and I have found ways around it.

First, find a foundation that is 1. light weight 2. noncomedogenic 3. contains acne-fighting ingredient like SA

Apply to your skin as LATE as possible, so it will be on your skin for the shortest amount of time.

Wash it off the SECOND YOU GET HOME

If you're too scared to try this suggest to all your friends "Lets do facials!" apply your normal mask (Which will hide your marks) and suggest they do they same. Then you all look silly with facial creams on and you get to hide flaws under yours. It worked for me once.

OR do what I do living with my bf... wait till they fall asleep to wash it off, and get up before they do to apply make up

Like everyone else have already said, I would say no also. BUT! If it is a COMPLETE must, what I would do is to not use any type of liquid foundation but to wear a light tinted physical sunscreen or moisturizer instead. These do a pretty great job of hiding mild to moderate hyperpigmentation, and if you find the right set of ingredients they are usually less harmful to wear overnight than liquid foundation.

Really, though, a clean face is the BEST way to sleep :)

I've fallen asleep with Everyday Minerals concealing powder on once and it didn't cause me to break out at all. So if you MUST, I recommend Everyday Minerals for sure!

Bare Minerals makes a blemish-treatment powder that isn't makeup, strictly speaking, but does diffuse the appearance of blemishes (and treats them too - it's a sulfur/tea tree product). It might make you feel a little better - I wear it while I exercise sometimes.

please, please don't sleep in regular makeup. maybe you can wait until you get in bed with your "day face" on and then wipe it off with a baby wipe once the lights are out.

I know exactly how it feels! I was working at a hotel were we all lived in shared accommodation. I wouldn't even lock the door of the room I shared with my roommate because she always worked later than I did- so any other member of the staff could kind of 'barge in' as they pleased. Needless to say, I felt so self conscious that I kept my make up on until everyone was asleep which would sometimes be like 3am, and I was always working at 7 or 8 the next morning so that would give my face about 5 hours to breath!

INSANE, I know- I wonder how I did it. That lack of sleep certainly wasn't helping my acne! I am quite sure I wouldn't do that again. As bad as your face might look, please don't sleep in your make up. I was lucky enough that my room mate would get really pissed off and make me get back out of bed to wash my face because: 'It's your face you idiot, not your butt!'

I have since learned that no one really cares about what's on my face, and if anyone 'does' what they think is not exactly worth taking into consideration!