Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Billyjean

differin and duac causing dry flaky skin

Hi all, I am new to this board but seek advice for the problems I am facing. I am a male, 22 yo and have been prescribed differin and duac to be used together once at night. But I am facing dry and flaky skin after applying it on my face and don't know why. A little about what I do and use, I usually wash my face once at night with cetaphil restoraderm then apply both the differin and duac, I do use a moisturizer (cetaphil restoraderm moisturizer) when my skin flaks and feels dry. My dermatologist says to put both differin and duac on at night but my face feels too dried out, I also put on the moisturizer after these 2 gels at times but is that too much or should i put it on before applying the gels. Could this be the face wash I am using, if so any suggestions for a gentle cleanser like cetaphil as well as a moisturizer? I need advice

I used Differin only, not duac. One of the main cons of the Differin was the fact that it made my skin flaky & dry, especially around my chin. It drove me crazy because no matter how much moisterizer I used or whether I wore makeup or not, my skin still flaked up and it was kinda embarassing. The only things that worked against this was a very expensive facial system my aunt had given me by Arbonne. I found that using their NutriMin C face wash, toner, and daily moisterizer was the only product that would keep the flaking & dry skin at bay (http://www.arbonne.com/products/anti-aging/nutriminc/face/dayCreme.asp). Another cheaper alternative I would recommend trying would be jojoba oil - try putting it on after you get out of the shower. This can help eliminate dry skin as well. Good luck!