Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Vanbelle

super (disgusting) health shake

So I hear lemon juice is good, I hear tomato juice is good, I hear green smoothies are good, I hear green tea is good. Could I throw these all together in one shake and still receive all the benefits? I am compelled to throw all that stuff together, and then a banana and some cacao powder for flavor (hopefully it would taste alright, I might have to work on it to make it taste better). This would be great, considering I am a college student with a really inconsistent schedule for meal planning.

What do you think?

Hmm... well I'd stick to what I call "savory" smoothies OR sweet smoothies... a savory smoothie could have the lemon, the greens, the tomatoes, maybe some spices... and then the sweet smoothie could be the fruit + the cacao but I probably wouldn't advise mixing them all together...

For one, you don't want to combine banana with all that other stuff. It likely wouldn't digest well. And the banana + cacao would be gross with all that other stuff.

Hmm... well I'd stick to what I call "savory" smoothies OR sweet smoothies... a savory smoothie could have the lemon, the greens, the tomatoes, maybe some spices... and then the sweet smoothie could be the fruit + the cacao but I probably wouldn't advise mixing them all together...

For one, you don't want to combine banana with all that other stuff. It likely wouldn't digest well. And the banana + cacao would be gross with all that other stuff.

You are definitely right, that's to wishful thinking because I love chocolate banana shakes. What about also adding in blended raw garlic?

I've done it before and if you can get past the taste I say go for it. I put a bunch of spices into my smoothies like turmeric and sometimes olive oil and it usually ends up tasting pretty blech.

However, in regards to the green tea I would try to have that separate from a meal. Not sure if I should even tell you this because I don't want you to freak out and think green tea is bad for you (it's not) but it has a small amount of antinutrient compounds. So this might have a small negative effect on the mineral value of the vegetables/fruit you use in your smoothie.

Note: the benefits of green tea greatly outweigh the negatives.

Edited by chunkylard

I wouldn't mix them. It'll discourage you from drinking it.

Make what you'll eat(Green smoothie in the morning), drink some tomato juice another morning, shot of lemon at lunch!

Try it and find out.

Hell, the other day I did a raw liver, raw egg yolk, sardine and ginger root shake. Sucked, but it takes all of 15 seconds to get down and then I am off.

Try it and find out.

Hell, the other day I did a raw liver, raw egg yolk, sardine and ginger root shake. Sucked, but it takes all of 15 seconds to get down and then I am off.

I... can't even imagine what that must have tasted like. No wait, yes I can :X You must have taste buds of steel man.

I've done it before and if you can get past the taste I say go for it. I put a bunch of spices into my smoothies like turmeric and sometimes olive oil and it usually ends up tasting pretty blech.

However, in regards to the green tea I would try to have that separate from a meal. Not sure if I should even tell you this because I don't want you to freak out and think green tea is bad for you (it's not) but it has a small amount of antinutrient compounds. So this might have a small negative effect on the mineral value of the vegetables/fruit you use in your smoothie.

Note: the benefits of green tea greatly outweigh the negatives.

I just spent my last dollars on green tea I AM PARANOID CHUNKY WHAT YOU TALKING ABOUT ANTI-NUTRIENTS?

Anti-nutrients, generally speaking, are compounds that block the absorption of nutrients.

Don't worry about it. Pretty every food on the planet have negative aspects or shortcomings. The net positive effect of food is what you are after.

Guest pokemonster

y thnx! now whenever ill get inapropriate sugar cravings, ill be remembering zis :X n any kind of hunger will be away right away..:X

drank a raw not so well mixed egg once. The texture of it was horrible , also the taste to be honest :X

Try it and find out.

omg. your stomach is stronger than mine! :lol:

Seriously. Ariventa that kicked up my gag reflex a little but kudos to you for having taste buds unable to taste horrid flavors. :P How else could someone stomach such a crazy concoction?

drank a raw not so well mixed egg once. The texture of it was horrible , also the taste to be honest :X

I once blended a raw egg and avocado, some cucumber, and tried dipping it in carrots. I gagged; it was still all slippery from the egg. Raw eggs...never again.

I once blended a raw egg and avocado, some cucumber, and tried dipping it in carrots. I gagged; it was still all slippery from the egg. Raw eggs...never again.

amen :P

Seriously. Ariventa that kicked up my gag reflex a little but kudos to you for having taste buds unable to taste horrid flavors. :P How else could someone stomach such a crazy concoction?

It's the sardines that are really bad since I cannot stand seafood. I only do it when I play early morning basketball so I can get some good nutrition that digests easily that early in the morning. I admit, though, I hold my nose.

I've had some pretty terrible concoctions myself.

The worst yet was when I drank juiced ginger root. It burnt so bad I started tearing up.

The things we do in hopes of clear skin :boohoo: