Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
twisto

What am I doing wrong?

I have been using Acne.org's Benzoyl Peroxide (applying every night and day). Sure, it prevents pimples. But I still have so many clogged pores and blackheads (like every week i can push my nose and its like a chia pet).

Do I need toner, is that what clears the pores? Do I need a cleanser? Right now I use neutrogena redness wash. I'm so frustrated.

I'm 17, I have oily skin type.

Help! :( I really want to get better for an event in 4 months!

You're not doing anything wrong actually, you're doing a great job so long as you follow the regimen and you're not picking, popping, etc. blemishes on your face. HOWEVER, the regimen is designed to treat and control acne that surfaces. You will need to see a dermatologist and be prescribed an oral medication that will help to control the production of acne bacteria as well as to help loosen the blackheads you have. Toners/cleansers cannot really get rid of your blackheads, so you will have to talk to your dermatologist about getting a facial extraction after the oral medication helps to loosen it. If you do research you'll find you can get most facials at most salons/spas in your area and what they do is have trained professionals manually extract any black/white heads that you have. It works wonderfully without scarring your skin and after a few sessions it can really make a difference in your skin! The downside though is that these sessions can be expensive (and trust me they are going to hurt!) Hope this helps! :)

** This is what I have currently done (seeing a dermatologist, taking oral medication, getting facial) and it has really made my forehead smooth (no more whiteheads!) and unclogged the blackheads on/around my nose.

You're not doing anything wrong actually, you're doing a great job so long as you follow the regimen and you're not picking, popping, etc. blemishes on your face. HOWEVER, the regimen is designed to treat and control acne that surfaces. You will need to see a dermatologist and be prescribed an oral medication that will help to control the production of acne bacteria as well as to help loosen the blackheads you have. Toners/cleansers cannot really get rid of your blackheads, so you will have to talk to your dermatologist about getting a facial extraction after the oral medication helps to loosen it. If you do research you'll find you can get most facials at most salons/spas in your area and what they do is have trained professionals manually extract any black/white heads that you have. It works wonderfully without scarring your skin and after a few sessions it can really make a difference in your skin! The downside though is that these sessions can be expensive (and trust me they are going to hurt!) Hope this helps! :)

** This is what I have currently done (seeing a dermatologist, taking oral medication, getting facial) and it has really made my forehead smooth (no more whiteheads!) and unclogged the blackheads on/around my nose.

thanks alot for the advice! i'd gone to a spa before every 2 weeks to get them extracted, but i stopped because they just came back anyway. and what types of oral medication do you take :o

thanks alot for the advice! i'd gone to a spa before every 2 weeks to get them extracted, but i stopped because they just came back anyway. and what types of oral medication do you take :o

Aww that stinks that they would come back but taking oral medication does help. It's difficult to say which medicine I take specifically (I don't take accutane) because it changes with the weather because of sun sensitivity since acne products/medication makes you vulnerable to sun damage. My dermatologist prescribes me stronger ones in the winter because there is less sun exposure and more mild ones in summer because there's a lot of sun exposure. If you go and see a dermatologist they can evaluate your skin and also climate to determine which medication is best for you. Hopefully while taking the medicine you can get extractions but this time blackheads won't come back :)