Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
david594

Anyone hit their prescription drug coverage limits?

In short I am an 26 year old male and have had acne since I was 12-13. Kind of a mixed bag, mild to moderate on my face with cystic acne on my back. Been using a BP face wash for years which helped a little with my face. But In that time frame my skin has never been clear.

So back in january I got the courage to see a derm and was started on Solodyn and Ziana. Had a card for the first scripts free, and then had the discount cards to limit my copays on the following scrips. At the 2 month recheck Acanya was added in to the mix.

The problem is I am a grad student and my student insurance only covers $1750 a year in prescription drug coverage. And with the Solodyn being >$600 a script, the Ziana > $400 a tube, and Acanya > $200 a tube I've used up all of my prescription drug coverage in 3 months. So when I go in for my recheck next month(at the 4 month mark) I have $0 left for getting refills on any of my meds. So any future meds I would need to pay 100% out of pocket for until late september when its considered a new year.

During my 2 month checking I mentioned to my doc that I was going to use up all of my drug coverage pretty soon, and they really didn't seem to understand what I was trying to tell them. This has me wondering if my insurance drug coverage is just abnormally low, or if other people have had this problem in the past?

Edited by david594