Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ashes

differin, BP, and mino...help

Okay. So I went to the doctor yesterday for my face. I've been on Minocycline at 50MG's once a day. Stupid me didn't know I was supposed to take it once a day. I've had little improvement. Is only taking it once a day the reason why? So now I plan on taking it twice a day and 50MG's. I've been using benzoyl peroxide (dans gel actually) all over my face. My doctor just gave me Differin Gel. Should I stop using the BP and switch to the Differin? I really wanted to stick to BP as my topical but is Differin better? And do I only apply it to my pimples? And it won't prevent pimples if I don't apply it to my whole face,...right? Does it cause the same irritation as BP? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

differin is very effective for whiteheads. it's the most effective topical for whiteheads and it also treats cysts. you can use both for better results - benzoyl in the morning and differin at night.

I would do what JOHNNY11 said, use bp in the morning and diff at night. Try this for a while (a month or 2) and if it doesnt work just go back to your old bp routine. Some ppl find differin really good, others think it doesnt work... who knows what it may do for you. Give it a try.

Well, i'm using bp + differin, but not long enought to make an evaluation yet.

One tip: be very gentle on your skin and wait at least one or two weeks before upping dosages or doing other stuff.

First week or two i was fine but now i got terribly red and peeling. The acne has improved though.