Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bradderz91

Best UK Benzoyl Peroxide Product (BP)

I've recently started on the regimen again and realised why I gave up the first time around. I, like many other UK users on here, started out with the 2.5% PanOxyl Aquagel.

After reading many comments and once again being hit with a dry, red and tight face, I realised that it wasn't the Benzoyl Peroxide causing me problems, it was some other ingredient in the PanOxyl product.

Anyway, at first I couldn't find a decent alternative in the UK. I almost conceded that I would have to purchase some of Dan's BP, but face being hit by huge delivery, custom and handling fees... but then, I heard people talking about Oxy On the spot.

Apparently, this product is far less harsh on the skin than Panoxyl and whilst more expensive, you can still pick it up relatively cheaply on the net. After doing some hunting, I found a website called FragranceDirect.co.uk, where they are selling 20g tubes of Oxy on the spot for £3.60.

Admittedly, it is more expensive than Panoxyl (you can get 40g for about the same price), but this stuff is far less harsh on the face and will give you results more similar to those using Dan's products.

An added bonus, FragranceDirect only charge £1.95 for 1st Class Postage, so you can pick up 100g (2-3 months worth for me) of the product for about £20, including delivery.

Edited by bradderz91

It still works out more expensive than ordering Dan's BP, although you would have to wait longer for it to be shipped.

Acne.org's 8oz (236ml) tube of BP costs $16.52 (around £10.33). Shipping is $10.59 (around £6.62). Total £16.95. You shouldn't have to pay any other charges, as the cost of the product is below £18.

I have just noticed that Boots are selling Oxy OTS for £4.07, but it's BOGOF at the moment. So just over £2 for 20g tubes.

It still works out more expensive than ordering Dan's BP, although you would have to wait longer for it to be shipped.

Acne.org's 8oz (236ml) tube of BP costs $16.52 (around £10.33). Shipping is $10.59 (around £6.62). Total £16.95. You shouldn't have to pay any other charges, as the cost of the product is below £18.

I have just noticed that Boots are selling Oxy OTS for £4.07, but it's BOGOF at the moment. So just over £2 for 20g tubes.

A lot of people on this forum have said they've been caught out though, even with the 8oz tubes. This is why I've been reluctant to buy some.

Either way, cheers for spotting the Boots deal, I think I'll grab some more from there whilst it's still on offer :)

A lot of people on this forum have said they've been caught out though, even with the 8oz tubes. This is why I've been reluctant to buy some.

Either way, cheers for spotting the Boots deal, I think I'll grab some more from there whilst it's still on offer :)

Yeah, there was a thread on here about a member paying import VAT when they shouldn't have. Don't know if that member queried it.

I didn't see how long that Boot's offer was on for, so stock up while you can! LOL.

Guest T.M.

Quinoderm I find similar to OTS feel wise. Its 5% though but I haven't found it any harsher than Dans or any other BP I've tried. Similar price to OTS and 50g tubes

Guest T.M.
Could you add moisteurizer to make 5% quinoderm less potent?

Think you'd just be putting less on but it would still be 5% at the end of the day. You should give it a try.. it really isn't all that drying imo. I can go without moisturising after using it without flaking.

I use full strength Quinoderm (10% I believe). It works out between £4 and £5 for a 50g tube, but it does go a long way.

It is quite harsh and it does dry the skin, however, as I have extremely greasy skin and I actually quite like the drying effect.

I have just started using the quinoderm face wash as well....... generous amount twice a day and my skin has certainly cleared up a lot.

I find that by buying in bulk things can be bought cheaper on amazon / online than in the local chemists......... but you do have to buy in bulk to overcome the postage charge.

seriously panoxyl 2.5 is the best, just use it once a day. less redness and a lot less peeling - touch wood lol

You do realize that 5% BP diluted with moisturizer (half moisturizer, half BP) is 2.5% BP? The percentage refers to the concentration of the BP in relation to the total amount of product. In other words, 1/20 th of the tube is BP (vs 1/40th of dan's tube). Now, the BP you're using may not be as good as Dan's because it's not as finely milled. That's another story though. :D