Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bina123

Spring Break- Water, fruit, and vegetable fast -

No school for the next 8 days. I think it's the perfect time to try this out because now I have the time to make myself healthy food. I'll being going away for a few days but I'm determined to keep it up. I don't know how my body is going to react to not having meat and what not....But hey, if I pass out or something at least I'm not at school...

See...I've been doing some research on how diet affects acne. Most food I eat seems to have *something* in it that may cause acne. My antibiotics were making my skin really clear for a few days but now I've had a relapse. This acne is ruining my life...

But, as Tracy from The Love Vitamin says "Don't place all you're eggs in the diet basket" (or something like that?). I PROMISE that no water what the weather is like I will walk for 15 (or more) minutes a day outside. And I will go to sleep at a reasonable hour and allow myself time to sleep. I will read The Emotion Code, like Tracy just talked about on her website, as well as mediate (which I have done before). I'll let you all know how this goes. I think the hardest part for me will be the fasting, just I sware to God that I will do it.

Hey there... I don't think you should mix fruit and veggies if you're fasting... at least not in the same meal. Are you juice fasting on these things? Or just eating less for a cleanse?

A vegetable fast would be superior to a vegetable and fruit fast. Just don't expect to feel great after a few days on it. You'll probably feel much better afterwards though.

I'm just eating less. Although, I do have orange juice in the house. I'll probably have some of that.

And I don't think I'm capable of a fast with just vegetables. I hate vegetables and most of the food I consumed today was fruit.

Edited by Gina1234

Vegetables > fruits. In almost every aspect except taste. I know veggies and fruits are sort of lumped into the same category but they're not equal. Ideally you should be eating way more veggies than you are eating fruit.

(Fruit) Sugar still has a noticeable impact on your glucose levels so I wouldn't expect your acne to clear up magically. If you're going to be drinking juice make sure it has the pulp in it (fiber slows down the impact on your blood sugar.) Not trying to discourage you (I fast once in a while too) but I've never seen any remarkable improvement in my acne on fruit fasts. But when I do water or water+vegetable fats my acne always went away until I reintroduced less than desirable food.

I don't really have that issue now that my diet isn't breaking me out but still suffer from some hyperpigmentation and scarring unfortunately. Just make sure to not eat TOO many fruits I guess.

Edited by chunkylard