Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I had pretty bad acne, went on accutane and now am left with a few scars. I find that I feel so akward being around people and so self conscious. I was already introverted and now acne scarring makes me feel weird around people. Its hard to explain like people seem put off when they are around me. Even when m an uni at studying at the library, I find random strangers do not want to sit next to me in the study areas or when I take the train it feels really akward sitting around people. I donno maybe its becuase im lacking in social skills that I should have developed in highschool, because I didnt interact with people much because of my severe acne. Does anyone else feel weird or different, like they stick out of the crowd or people feel uncomfortable around you. Maybe im crazy who knows lol :P

hell yeah all the time..... i have severe acne scars and i always feel worried and awkward around strangers with perfect skin.. :wall:

hell this one time i was i the bus and it was full of people that they would rather stand up then sit next to me lol... :confused:

I had pretty bad acne, went on accutane and now am left with a few scars. I find that I feel so akward being around people and so self conscious. I was already introverted and now acne scarring makes me feel weird around people. Its hard to explain like people seem put off when they are around me. Even when m an uni at studying at the library, I find random strangers do not want to sit next to me in the study areas or when I take the train it feels really akward sitting around people. I donno maybe its becuase im lacking in social skills that I should have developed in highschool, because I didnt interact with people much because of my severe acne. Does anyone else feel weird or different, like they stick out of the crowd or people feel uncomfortable around you. Maybe im crazy who knows lol :P

haha I know what you mean, I feel like I've always had a really hard time blending into a crowd, people where I'm from have a serious staring problem, "like omg a guy with long blonde hair, thats so different and amusing" [vomit]. Just teach yourself how to not give a F*CK what other people think about you. Chances are their not considering your acne though, unless its like extremely severe, people tend to not even notice, we just make our selves believe this. are you dressing weird? haha that tend to get people going, or maybe you just smell? KIDDING.

Check out some scar treatments though, if they bug you.

gl

Lol thanks for the reply guys, I was feeling like I was the only one who felt this way. Acne security your funny :P. I take care of my self and dress well, like I always stand out of the crowd. Sort of like dressing really well compensates for my bad skin. People tell me Im good looking, like my cousins boyfriend say a pic of me and said I look like brad pitt. I guess my personality sucks even though I smile a lot and try to be friendly and un-judgement of other people. Modasbuse Im down for sex anytime lol jks

I know exactly how you feel. Right now I'm clear of acne because of Accutane, but I still feel trapped because of the scars. It's like, yeah I'm clear, but I still have these scars to constantly remind me of what my face used to look like. Odds are that I'm going to have these scars the rest of my life unless I shell out thousands of dollars. Life is great sometimes, isn't it?

Guest Chrisâ„¢

Stillstruggling,

I've had acne scars for half of my life aswell, very very bad scars from cystic acne. I just want to let you know, it probably is your social skills. I used to think the same things, that people automatically dismissed me or shunned me because of my scars, but I figured out I was being a total social reject and douchebag for like 6 years lol, that's why nobody liked me for a long time. A friend of mine pointed that out to me one time and it really explained a lot to me. I had no idea. Just something to think about, because I don't know your situation. I pretty much had to retrain my social skills completely when I learned this, but since I have, people have started being a lot nicer to me.

Guest Chrisâ„¢
I know exactly how you feel. Right now I'm clear of acne because of Accutane, but I still feel trapped because of the scars. It's like, yeah I'm clear, but I still have these scars to constantly remind me of what my face used to look like. Odds are that I'm going to have these scars the rest of my life unless I shell out thousands of dollars. Life is great sometimes, isn't it?

Odds are that I'm going to have these scars the rest of my life unless I shell out thousands of dollars. Life is great sometimes, isn't it?

I've shelled out over 10,000 dollars in the past 8 years on lasers (co2, erbium, fraxel), subsicions, excisions, punch floats, peels and all kinds of shit for my scars. I think they probably made my scars worse tbh with you. :) It doesn't matter anymore though, my scars are small fry shit now. I also gaurantee you that my scars are at least5x worse than yours, I'm confident saying that without even seeing your scars. You'll be ok man, one day. Hard to swallow I know, but one day you will be ok with what you have. hang in there my friend.