Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FatBatKiller

sunburned face! I'm in need of good sunscreen.

hey guys!

so i figured out that my redness is caused by me being outside for over 6 hrs a day(i work maintenance). im on the DKR.

so I have a couple of questions.

1: is it bad to keep applying BP regularly while my face is red/kinda sunburned?

2: I REALLY need a good moisturizer that doesn't clog pores or cause breakouts.

i heard about Olay Complete sunscreen/moisturizer. anybody else heard about or used this stuff?

thanks in advance everyone!

Edited by FatBatKiller

Right now I'm using "Ombrelle SPF 30 Face". I've only been suing it for about a week and I don't think its been breaking me out.

Hey FatBatKiller,

Just curious how the Olay moisturizer is working out? I'm still using it and have had no breakouts from it (that I'm aware of). I really think that although Dan's lotion was calming, I found it annoying to wait hours for it to absorb and dry when it didn't even moisturize. I also believe it caused cystic breakouts. :(

I used the olay complete moisturizer for sensitive skin it didnt irritate my skin but it always left my skin looking pale and with a white residue did anybody else have that problem? and the spf wasnt high enough for me

quote name='FatBatKiller' date='Apr 15 2011, 03:32 PM' post='3066340']

hey guys!

so i figured out that my redness is caused by me being outside for over 6 hrs a day(i work maintenance). im on the DKR.

so I have a couple of questions.

1: is it bad to keep applying BP regularly while my face is red/kinda sunburned?

2: I REALLY need a good moisturizer that doesn't clog pores or cause breakouts.

i heard about Olay Complete sunscreen/moisturizer. anybody else heard about or used this stuff?

thanks in advance everyone!

Hey FatBatKiller,

Just curious how the Olay moisturizer is working out? I'm still using it and have had no breakouts from it (that I'm aware of). I really think that although Dan's lotion was calming, I found it annoying to wait hours for it to absorb and dry when it didn't even moisturize. I also believe it caused cystic breakouts. :(

Yea dude, its working great for me. no breakouts so far! i use olay during the day, and dan's moisturizer at night. I also found dan's moisturizer to take FOREVER to settle in. and even then it would leave me lookin greasy. no good for day time use.

the olay doesn't make me looking pale by any means. it kinda stings a bit when i apply it. that's it though. I would it to be a 30 spf or something. im a pale white kid!

on a side note. I'd much rather look pale then greasy haha

Hey FatBatKiller,

Yea dude, its working great for me. no breakouts so far! i use olay during the day, and dan's moisturizer at night. I also found dan's moisturizer to take FOREVER to settle in. and even then it would leave me lookin greasy. no good for day time use.

the olay doesn't make me looking pale by any means. it kinda stings a bit when i apply it. that's it though. I would it to be a 30 spf or something. im a pale white kid!

on a side note. I'd much rather look pale then greasy haha

Ya I have fair skin as well, so I dont mind that it makes my skin a little more white. I love it because it absorbs so fast and doesnt take hours to dry. I'm actually looking for a higher SPF (I think there's a 30). I found the stinging went away after the second or first time I used it. I can't use BP anymore since I get hives and blisters from it, and notice some clogged pores, which turn into tiny pimples. If I could use BP, I would still. Granted, I dab AHA or neosporin on the little bumps and they are almost gone in a day. But I'm glad that I sort of have my old skin back minus the severe acne. No longer are people asking me if I'm sunburned haha. You said in another post you were thinking of taking a break from the BP, so I will warn you you will probably break out. :-/ But I'm assuming you don't wear makeup so this might reduce the chances of breaking out.

I saw a 30 spf today actually! i was stoked haha. maybe a red face is better then having acne? gosh i can't decide. either way it's lame haha

hmmmm decisions, what to do, what to do.

p.s. i'm sorry that BP treats you badly!

Edited by FatBatKiller

update: bleeeeh.. the olay complete and BP seem to be a terrible combo for my skin. applying the olay after BP makes my face sting so bad and causes my face to get as red as the sun's core. lame.

update: bleeeeh.. the olay complete and BP seem to be a terrible combo for my skin. applying the olay after BP makes my face sting so bad and causes my face to get as red as the sun's core. lame.

That's a shame that the combo isn't working. :( I think I remember that when I was using BP and olay together. Not sure why it would sting so bad...maybe less of it won't sting? I stopped using BP about 2 months ago, had a few tiny pimples when I tried using Olay regenerist night cream, but other than that I am almost 100% clear. (Birth control attributes to this haha). I only use a pea size amount of the SPF 15. I think using too much of it would clog my pores. I stopped using acne.org moisturizer on my face... which I think that actually might have been causing my acne. Idk, everyone's different, but I'm glad my skin is normal, pale white, and the normal oiliness that it was before lol.

I order Cliniderm gentle protective lotion (spf 45) off of well.ca. It has titanium dioxide and zinc oxide as the medicinal ingredients so it's super gentle and doesn't break me out at all. It does leave a white cast but I don't think it's so bad and it would just look like sunscreen to anyone who noticed anyway.

i think in your case dude less is more. my face was red from bp too, and i am outside most of the day like yourself. what i found very effective is using a very gentle cleanser like cetaphil sensitive skin. if your moisturizer makes your skin sting, just don't apply bp at all. listen to your skin. let it heal. spot treat when needed, but don't over irritate your skin with product.

thanks for your responses guys!

time for an update! so, ive been working outside full time for the past 2 weeks, and my face is a perfectly normal skin tone now. I think I just needed to get used to BP? idk, all I know is that i'm back to normal. and i'm BRONZED! haha.

happy summer to everyone!