Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tommy Lad

Moisturiser with a good SPF?

Hi guys. It's starting to get sunny again in London and so I'm in need of a good moisturiser with a solid SPF built into it. I currently use Cetaphil moisturiser so I want something that is as mild on the skin and won't clog my pores but will protect me from the sun.

Anybody have any good suggestions?

I'm also looking for one. Olay has a good moisturizer for sensitive skin with SPF 15, which is alright, but I find its been making my skin sting a little bit lately due to how irritated it already is from the BP. (only on week 2.)

Also, I would MUCH prefer SPF 30 and up.

I started using the Olay complete all day UV moisturizer (SPF 15) because it was the only other moisturizer recommended by Dan. I tried using cetaphil, but it burned my skin and left it too greasy.

My skin currently isn't shedding anymore and scaley, whereas before the Olay sort of left my face white. In the beginning I woud use a few drops of jojoba oil, but now I don't need to. I put jojoba oil on when I get out of the shower with my face still wet. The Olay moisturizer now absorbs and moisturizes my skin. Yes, there was some initial stinging at first, but this went away. I use it every morning and there is no more stinging. I believe it will soften your skin and reduce dryness over time. It's been about two weeks using it and though I doubted it at first, I'm glad I didn't return it. You don't need to use as much like with Dan's moisturizer- honestly less than a quarter size amount.

so do i use the cleanser, BP and then the olay complete instead of dans moisturizer?

Yes that is how I do it. And again, you don't need that much. If you do, I imagine it might ball up, depends on how much BP you use I guess, though that never happened to me. Maybe try adding a few drops of jojoba oil if you have it.