Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sherman

Erythromycin Experiences?

Alright, I just got prescribed this today. I will be taking 1000mg a day for two weeks, then go to 500mg a day for the rest of the treatment. Does anyone know how long it will take to show an improvement? I am using this with Neutrogena face wash (yellow and comes in squirt bottle), and Clindoxyl Gel for my face at night.

Experiences, stories...anyone?

Hmmm, well I hope it works for me in 4 - 6 weeks, would be nice laugh.gif I'm just curious, do you think that using it and combining it with Clindoxyl Gel at night is a good idea? What should I do for the mornings, cause right now all I do is wash my face.

Erythromycin, i been on it for two almost three weeks now, on same dose as you except ive had to lower dose due to stomach cramps and lightening of the stool. Its horrible dirty drug!!! and i can hardly take the 500mg of it!!! but its the last antibiotic left for me to try and treat my acne, no results yet, though i havent been able to physically cope with the dose prescribed to me....so better luck to u!

i've been on it nearly 3 months now, and its cleared me up 90%, think i've got another month or two left.

been taking 500mg twice a day (1000mg a day total) , and not had any side effects.

but like others have said, everyones diffrent, it might work for you, it might not.

(oh yeh, and i've also been applying BP twice a day!!!)

Erythromycin, i been on it for two almost three weeks now, on same dose as you except ive had to lower dose due to stomach cramps and lightening of the stool. Its horrible dirty drug!!! and i can hardly take the 500mg of it!!! but its the last antibiotic left for me to try and treat my acne, no results yet, though i havent been able to physically cope with the dose prescribed to me....so better luck to u!