Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dei

How much Zinc should I take?

Hi, I have just recently bought 90 tablets of 15mg 150% RDA form Asda. How much per day should I take in order for the Zinc to be effective in controlling my acne? The ingredient list is as follows:

Bulking agents (Maltodextrin, Sorbitol) Zinc Oxide, Magnesium Sulfate.

Thanks.

Start with one tablet a day with a meal for a while and see if that helps. If not, try two at breakfast and at dinner. Don't exceed 40 mg daily (Check your multivitamin if you take one), in other words no more than two tablets a day.

I'd say start with 30mg/day. Work your way up from there, but 90mg+ probably isn't the way to go, and definitely not for a long time. I've taken 100mg/day for months at a time with no adverse effects and no nausea or stomach problems (those are generally associated with zinc sulfate), but, as with everything, YMMV.

Well first of all it's recommended you take the form of zinc called opti-zinc (absorption is better). I'm taking 30mg a day and have had no nausea (just take it with food). Another thing is if you're trying to treat a lot of acne you need to take like 100mg a day for it to be effective which is kind of risky, so ask your doctor.

Also, I do not believe zinc can break you out, although everyone is different. They say if you have a zinc deficiency and you take zinc it increases the testosterone levels back to normal which may cause an increase in acne, but again I'd just try it for a month or two and see what happens. It has helped a good amount of people but has had negative effects on a few people as well.

I only take 15mg a day in a multi-v.

It seemed to help a lot at first, now i feel like it's doing nothing. But a multi-v cant hurt, so im gonna keep taking it

Most of dieticians recommend 50 mg/day to treat acne, you should purchase 50 mg tablets instead of 15 mg, its not too much...

Remember that zinc is fully absorbed when your body is in good conditions, refined carbs are a good option to reach this goal