Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lyssgirl

I wouldnt mind getting zits if it never left marks!!!

I get tiny pimples, whiteheads, clogged pores persistently. EVERY little thing leaves a mark. So my face is splotchy! I use to have great skin, and now I hate looking at my skin without makeup on. I recieved a lactic acid 55% peel in the mail the other day and am wondering if anyone has had experience from using that on their red marks? What can make these fade besides exfolliating which i already do! I seriously think I would never compain about the zits i got if it wasnt for the marks they leave which makes my face look worse then it actually was...

I know peels work but im not willing to do another (have had 3) professional peels done where I have a week downtime. The lactic one I hear is gentle...but how many do I have to do to see fading?

Any other suggestions?

I get tiny pimples, whiteheads, clogged pores persistently. EVERY little thing leaves a mark. So my face is splotchy! I use to have great skin, and now I hate looking at my skin without makeup on. I recieved a lactic acid 55% peel in the mail the other day and am wondering if anyone has had experience from using that on their red marks? What can make these fade besides exfolliating which i already do! I seriously think I would never compain about the zits i got if it wasnt for the marks they leave which makes my face look worse then it actually was...

I know peels work but im not willing to do another (have had 3) professional peels done where I have a week downtime. The lactic one I hear is gentle...but how many do I have to do to see fading?

Any other suggestions?

It really depends on the darkness of the marks. Often times using too harsh product can make them stick around a lot longer too.

If anything hurts, don't use it. I'd hold off on the peel until your skin normalizes and you get acne under control.