Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hina79

Is it possible for blotting papers to break you out?

I am noticing when I blot oil from my forehead, I am getting 3-4 new pimples there. I am using Clean and clear blotting sheets which have mineral oil. Is it possible I am breaking out because of the oil?

Wow, I've never had a problem with them, but it seems anything is possible these days. They're so neutral I wouldn't think so, but try a week without them, then hop back on and compare the results.

I don't think the minderal oil really would effect you as its more of a "dryer" and "remover."

There was a dermatology study done a couple years back you could find if you google it; it pretty much proved mineral oil to be noncomedogenic (does not clog pores).

i havent had that problem i use rice paper blotting sheet and love them.but who knows everyone reacts differently.i wouldnt use anything with mineral oil in though.

Propylene, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), 3, 4 Dimethylbenzyl Idene Sorbitol, Zinc Stearate, Ultramarines

what a gross ingredient list. They certainly could be, why not use rice paper blotters? They have them at Sally's and ULTA, very cheap, $2-3. Of course, use clean hands.

Napkins are the best blotters. I trust them and can use them as much as i want. I get oily very quick :redface:

Some blotting papers though may make the bacteria in zits grow. I read a article soemwhere that some papers can feed the bacteria (rice paper i think, im not sure) and make them grow more to increase acne.

But then again, if the strach in rice can feed acne bacteria, shoudn't the glucose in sugar feed them aswell?

Yet i have used sugar and lemon masks (which is a widely known remedy) but it has not made my pimples bigger.

Just to be safe tho, use nakpins/paper towels. Some charmin toilet paper leaves pieces left behind, i dont suggest that u use that.

If you think the Clean and Clear blotting papers may be breaking you out, stop using. I'm almost positive they caused me to break out in cystic acne a few years. My skin is sensitive to mineral oil. If I use any product with mineral oil I will develop a cysts within a week.

If you feel the need to use a blotting paper try Boscia's blotting linens. They are made with Abaca leaf fiber and have no added ingredients. They work just as well as the Clean and Clear in my opinion. You can also blot your face with toilet seat covers, they work pretty much the same.