Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hatori

Remnants from healed cysts?

Hello, my dermatologist told me I had cystic acne around five weeks ago and prescribed doxycycline and BP gel. Thankfully, my cysts have essentially vanished! However, I find that I have very small lumps under my skin around where I used to have my cysts. I think that this is just what's "left over" from the old cysts, and soon it's going to surface and go away. Does anyone have any experience with this? They're small and not painful, and feel almost like whiteheads. Has anyone had these? What were they (cystic remnants or just regular, unrelated acne)? What happened to them? Thanks!

Not totally sure. It could be the body healing the cysts or it could be little whiteheads. It's a good sign that your cysts are vanishing already from the doxy and bp gel. :)

Hello, my dermatologist told me I had cystic acne around five weeks ago and prescribed doxycycline and BP gel. Thankfully, my cysts have essentially vanished! However, I find that I have very small lumps under my skin around where I used to have my cysts. I think that this is just what's "left over" from the old cysts, and soon it's going to surface and go away. Does anyone have any experience with this? They're small and not painful, and feel almost like whiteheads. Has anyone had these? What were they (cystic remnants or just regular, unrelated acne)? What happened to them? Thanks!

I have a similar thing happen to me from time to time, for me it turned out the medication had killed the inflammation, infection, and made the swelling/redness go down, but the inner contents of the cyst still remained - I simply popped it and spot treated; it went away fast, as apposed to sticking around for what seemed like way to long for a blemish.

gl

Thanks for the input, guys. I think for now I'm just gonna leave them all alone and see what happens. If anyone else has more to add please feel free to post or send me a message!!!

im dealing with this exact same scenario so would be good to hear feedback. what im most worried about is if i leave them will they turn into a zit. I tried pricking a couple and pushing with two q-tips its very hit and miss if u get it all then its all good but i had a few where they turned into like big infected blood blisters!