Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JesseJ

Amazing results with Dermaroller, but why does he use it so often?

was thinking of purchasing a derma stamp/roller pretty soon to treat my current scars (i have a bit of them but they are all fairly shallow). Mainly because I am getting my scars treated by a professional next summer so I just want to help fill my scars up so that the treatment can be more of a refining tool than an actual hardcore deathmatch. I encountered Ray's video log and experience, and it just inspired me more!

I recently found a youtube channel belonging to this guy that is Singaporean and owns his own brand of derma rollers. He keeps a very detailed video log and has been treating his acne scars with his dermaroller for only about 4 months but look at his results! Yes his scars were numerous but shallow to begin with (similar to mine, and am sure to many others) but his results are not deniable, he has so many videos with his results compared to what it started with so its obvious he has had drastic improvement!

What really startled me was how OFTEN he derma rolled! Once/Twice per week! I'm pretty sure he was using 1.5mm derma roller, and after derma rolling he applied Vitamin E topically. Usually one would think derma rolling that often would just be harmful but wow look at his results! He's dermarolled 28 times so far in the span of 4 months and you would think it would be harmful to his skin but look at him!!! What do you guys think? Was it the Vitamin E that so many research groups enabled as useless to scars that enabled him to derma roll so much without harming his skin? What do you guys think? I mean I think maybe once a week seems to be doable but this guy is going all out. He also highlights healthy intake of water and Vitamin C is key. check it out and tell me what you think...

Video + His site for dermarollers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYSLKbrRN0A...nel_video_title

http://www.raysdermaroller.sg/ <-- click FAQ he states that you should allow 5 days of healing time before dermarolling again... and theres alot of good info on it check it out and tell me what you think!

Edited by JesseJ

It's positive to roll a couple times a week if youre doing it gently and completely avoiding bleeding. I'm currently rolling a few times a week but gently. Many websites insist that regular gentle treatment is a better method than brutalising your skin every 6 weeks. Kinda like having a light treatment of fraxel restore a dozen times as opposed to having fraxel repair done a few times. More risk of hyperpigmentation and scarring the harsher u treat your skin.

This dude is pretty rough though. He bleeds and is left with red skin for days so I think once a week is overdoing it when youre doing it as heavily as him. However, microswelling isnt as consistant as people claim in relation to this dude's results. Your skin isnt swallen for that long for scars to look that much better because even after fraxel and subcision when my face with a balloon my scars were still very noticable.

It's positive to roll a couple times a week if youre doing it gently and completely avoiding bleeding. I'm currently rolling a few times a week but gently. Many websites insist that regular gentle treatment is a better method than brutalising your skin every 6 weeks. Kinda like having a light treatment of fraxel restore a dozen times as opposed to having fraxel repair done a few times. More risk of hyperpigmentation and scarring the harsher u treat your skin.

This dude is pretty rough though. He bleeds and is left with red skin for days so I think once a week is overdoing it when youre doing it as heavily as him. However, microswelling isnt as consistant as people claim in relation to this dude's results. Your skin isnt swallen for that long for scars to look that much better because even after fraxel and subcision when my face with a balloon my scars were still very noticable.

Yeah I know and this guy takes photos AFTER several days after treatment... i'm pretty sure his face isn't in a constant state of micro swelling. The results we are seeing from his videos seem to be the real thing and we can't deny, his results have been pretty dramatic, i'd say all his scars have become alot more shallower and much more easier to deal with. He goes really hardcore once a week and i'm surprised his skin is handling it so well with the 1.5mm needles... I mean even if I decided to go intense i think i would still only do it like once every two weeks at the MOST. But hey this guy is seeing astonishing results and i'm pretty sure its not microswelling... we'll see how it keeps up im really impressed and his methods seem promising... Maybe most of us were too afraid of doing derma rolls (1 x per week) too often with the 1.5mm needle because we thought it was damaging but this guy does it and then allows at least 5 days of healing before doing again and it works wonders. He gives it time to heal so it does make sense on why he derma rolls so often (he lets the tiny micro wounds heal and then just derma rolls more to promote collagen) maybe this is why its so effective because im sure not many people have tried to derma roll this often but the results are showing.

I stamp very strongly (with lots of bleeding) with 2 mm needles once every two weeks and my skin has responded pretty positively. I'm sure the skin is a lot tougher than what most people here realize.

Edited by now.or.never

Yeah I know and this guy takes photos AFTER several days after treatment... i'm pretty sure his face isn't in a constant state of micro swelling. The results we are seeing from his videos seem to be the real thing and we can't deny, his results have been pretty dramatic, i'd say all his scars have become alot more shallower and much more easier to deal with. He goes really hardcore once a week and i'm surprised his skin is handling it so well with the 1.5mm needles... I mean even if I decided to go intense i think i would still only do it like once every two weeks at the MOST. But hey this guy is seeing astonishing results and i'm pretty sure its not microswelling... we'll see how it keeps up im really impressed and his methods seem promising... Maybe most of us were too afraid of doing derma rolls (1 x per week) too often with the 1.5mm needle because we thought it was damaging but this guy does it and then allows at least 5 days of healing before doing again and it works wonders. He gives it time to heal so it does make sense on why he derma rolls so often (he lets the tiny micro wounds heal and then just derma rolls more to promote collagen) maybe this is why its so effective because im sure not many people have tried to derma roll this often but the results are showing.

Lol you're sounding like you're the guy himself :naughty:

I'm currently trying out his method. No anesthetic, vitamin e, aggressive rolling, etc. Very minimal preparation as compared to what I was doing before which I like. Just did my 3rd roll, one roll each week. I haven't noticed any harmful side effects, only good results so far. The redness for me doesn't last more than a day or so and microswelling goes down after a few days.

I stamp very strongly (with lots of bleeding) with 2 mm needles once every two weeks and my skin has responded pretty positively. I'm sure the skin is a lot tougher than what most people here realize.

Yeah that's what I'm saying and to the guy below i'm not the guy haha i'm just feeling the hype from the video, it got me really excited. Yeah Now.Or.Never I'm going to do the same thing you are with a 1.5mm derma stamp and see what my results are. Any topicals used?

Yeah that's what I'm saying and to the guy below i'm not the guy haha i'm just feeling the hype from the video, it got me really excited. Yeah Now.Or.Never I'm going to do the same thing you are with a 1.5mm derma stamp and see what my results are. Any topicals used?

me too, I'm doing 1.4mm, might go up to 2mm soon, but be ware ,folks, above 1.5mm is for professional use, so be careful!

since after stamping, the skin is open to absorb cream/facial product, use anything rich in vitamin, I'm using the repairing cream for scar that comes with the stamp I bought. When not treating I use Bio oil, moiturizer (if skin's dry)

you are right, human skin is quite amazing,

nice.. can u buy dermarollers in store is it online only?

I'm pretty sure their online only

so can anyone confirm to me that all i'd only need is a dermaroller and i'm all set to get improvements within months and months of continued usage?!

edit: meaning no need to get lasers or any of that expensive $500-1000 upwards stuff?

Edited by thesimpsons