Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hypnosis?

Sounds weird right? Well, I noticed, if I watch a great movie, tv show, and or play video games, anything to take away my conscious mind, I feel great. I am occupied. Its after it passes, I snap out of the trance, its difficult to get going. Well, I've been reading just about every self help book you can imagine. I then started looking into confidence builders, things in regards to positive thinking, philosophy, Buddhism books, and hypnosis.

Has anyone tried any of this? I battle depression and anxiety. This sets me off but, I have gained confidence and some inner acceptance. Some days are bigger battles then others. I found this helps. I am still looking for some sort of escape or fix but, in the mean time, I am working on confidence and myself esteem.

If you have tried everything, give this a try. Its helped me. I promise you guys as well, if I find something to help me, I will post be it a treatment or anything. Good luck to you all.

Hypnosis? I was thinking about it recently. Some time ago I would say no-no, that sh*t is weird, Id never do it, etc, but now... Im considering.

I think you cant perform it on yourself? It must be the therapist that lurks around your subconcious and you are convulsing in that comfy chair and screaming "hot hot hot" and he/she counts to 3...2...1 and you wake up, grasp a deep breath, smile and say "what happened"? Like in the movies, you know?

Hypnosis? I was thinking about it recently. Some time ago I would say no-no, that sh*t is weird, Id never do it, etc, but now... Im considering.

I think you cant perform it on yourself? It must be the therapist that lurks around your subconcious and you are convulsing in that comfy chair and screaming "hot hot hot" and he/she counts to 3...2...1 and you wake up, grasp a deep breath, smile and say "what happened"? Like in the movies, you know?

PM me. I'll provide the source I am using. You can get audio tapes and stuff to listen too. I am going to end up breaking the bank on treatment post acne scar stuff but, in the mean time, looking to fix my low self esteem, date again, even get a gf, and make something of my life. This has been very difficult.

I imagine, you can get someone to do it for you but, the cheaper root is to get cds, things to listen to, renowned hypnotists and those with extensive experience. Its helped me. It hit me cause, I see something on doc Oz on tv. I play video games a lot and watch movies ever sense I been going through this. I have more time since I don't go out. I hate work leaving the house. In a good movie, video game or book, I forget everything else. I go into a trance. I wish this was like the flu and you could just wake up, snap a finger, and your better but, its not like this.

With hypnosis, you are working with both your subconscious and unconscious mind. Your conscious mind just feels everything in the background. For anyone who is considering or even open to it, check it out. Pm me. I found some sources and its the one thing helping me get on with my life.

I'm big into what your preaching sir. I too find when I'm living for the moment, caught up in a good time with friends - crazy hockey game - or performing really well at school it helps take my mind off of my worst demons - which for me are not acne related but still relevant none the less. I'm glad to see you read, and I was wondering if you read fiction as well, because for me their is no greater escape from depression than an amazing story, in a universe I'm passionate about. For myself, I'm literally ripped into that universe, and no longer surrounded by my bad thoughts. Nothing compares. Something about it was always more hypnotic and realistic to me than a movie, or video game - maybe I'm just old fashion.

Edited by Acne Security

I'm big into what your preaching sir. I too find when I'm living for the moment, caught up in a good time with friends - crazy hockey game - or performing really well at school it helps take my mind off of my worst demons - which for me are not acne related but still relevant none the less. I'm glad to see you read, and I was wondering if you read fiction as well, because for me their is no greater escape from depression than an amazing story, in a universe I'm passionate about. For myself, I'm literally ripped into that universe, and no longer surrounded by my bad thoughts. Nothing compares. Something about it was always more hypnotic and realistic to me than a movie, or video game - maybe I'm just old fashion.

Man, whatever works right? I found the self help, prayer, meditation, philosophy, movies, music, yoga, and hypnosis has helped me. I saw something on Doc Oz and it sparked me seeking something to listen to everyday. I usually do it before bed. Sometimes, I pass out listening but, the importance isn't the conscious mind but, the unconscious mind. I need help. Its been so hard.

I reached out to my doctor. 1yr and a half almost 2yrs later they finally see a dermatologist but, there office fucked up. They missed my appointments by 3months. In the mean time, my skin is breaking out into cystic acne, and scarring despite not squeezing or touching. After I see my dermatologist, I am 99% better but, getting over the situation now or trying.

Its sad. I realize how low myself esteem is and I was building my confidence last year. I feel like I am running on empty. I haven't thought about suicide but, before I started all this self help and hypnosis, life felt quite hopeless. I want a normal life. I want to date, I want to laugh, and have a gf like a normal human being. I feel like the elephant man some days. Since this, I've felt better but, it sucks a lot of the times you know?

Seeking scar treatment but, doing some work on the mind. I enjoy reading. I have a list of resources if you want recommendations or if you have any yourself, please share. I would be lying though if I told you its easy.Some days, I don't want to leave my house but I've found a new spirit and confidence since I started the self help reading and hypnosis. Look into it guys. If you want some resources, please feel free to msg or pm me.

Tv, videogames, books, those are forms of escapism. You'll likely have to drop down to earth sometime. What's always helped me with any anxieties, skin problems or not, is *thought-stopping* and putting things in perspective. Whether the perspective is along the lines of "What's most important is God and gaining peace in eternal paradise, not this short illusion;" "These people don't even know me and I don't care to know them so why am I stressing over this;" or "This is just a pointless series of chemical reactions going on in my immense bundle of atoms," if you actually believe it, all you have to do is get yourself to LISTEN to yourself.

What's most important is God and gaining peace in eternal paradise, not this short illusion;

haha to me, relative to Earth, this is a from of escapism ;]

& I found tv, books, and video games to be very much of this planet haha

Edit: :owned:

Edited by Acne Security

Tv, videogames, books, those are forms of escapism.

Hey, this is exactly what I thought, cause at some point you will come back to your life. Anime, movies, games, music, linux- I have been through all this and on a deep level, but I have to come back to this thing called "life".

And like you said- "Do I know these people? What do they mean in my life anyway? Why do I think I have to impress them, seek their approval?" Fuk dem, cause I dont give a ...

I meditate. It is like hypnosis. I close my eyes, adjust my posture, and take deep, steady breaths. I usually do this while listening to calm, beautiful music. After at least 10 minutes of doing this and opening my eyes I feel fresh and relaxed. My vision sees a completely new world. If only I possessed the discipline to meditate for much longer periods of time -- hours at a time... But I suppose the 10-20 minutes is enough. It helps me readjust. It helps me to remind me what my purpose is, what the point of my being awake is. I need more things like this to distract me. No matter how good my mood may be, as soon as I look in the mirror and see my broken out face everything turns inside out. I need to stop looking in the mirror so much. I need to occupy myself. But the fact that I'm not going to school and I don't have a job makes that very hard. I try to read, I try to meditate, I try to watch TV, watch videos online, anything, but my composure never lasts long enough. I become uneasy and fidgety. I can never stay still. Something is seriously wrong with me. Today I was extremely depressed. Today I was filled with such despair that I felt paralyzed. The only thing that keeps me going is the fact that nothing is permanent. Good or bad or neutral, nothing. This too shall pass... and hopefully next time I'll be wise enough so that I can cherish the good times more and make it last much longer...

Edited by fplix

The only thing that keeps me going is the fact that nothing is permanent. Good or bad or neutral, nothing

^Truth.

After actually surviving enough depressions/heartbreaks you learn that relief always comes and survival is possible

Tv, videogames, books, those are forms of escapism. You'll likely have to drop down to earth sometime. What's always helped me with any anxieties, skin problems or not, is *thought-stopping* and putting things in perspective. Whether the perspective is along the lines of "What's most important is God and gaining peace in eternal paradise, not this short illusion;" "These people don't even know me and I don't care to know them so why am I stressing over this;" or "This is just a pointless series of chemical reactions going on in my immense bundle of atoms," if you actually believe it, all you have to do is get yourself to LISTEN to yourself.

For sure. You missed the post. I am saying, I learned through escapism that, it doesn't bug me in a trance. In my sleep, I have listened to self help and things into confidence building. Its not an easy task and there is work ahead of me but, it has helped me get out of bed in the morning. I feel a renewed spirit. My faith has been hurt a fair bit. I question a lot more then I have in the past. I believe God helps those who help themselves. I did the healthy eating and working out, active lifestyle, and yet, here I am.

What's most important is God and gaining peace in eternal paradise, not this short illusion;

haha to me, relative to Earth, this is a from of escapism ;]

& I found tv, books, and video games to be very much of this planet haha

Edit: :owned:

I wont say I've given up in my faith and beliefs but, I am pissed off and questioning a lot more. All the going to church and praying has did little to no help. The same can be said for eating healthy and living an active lifestyle. I had to swallow my pride, take antibiotics, and a topical before I got any consistent success. Since, my acne is 99% clear but, after the cystic breakout during the period my doctor wouldn't get my a dermatologist or did then, they missed my appointment by 3months, I've been left with a shallow scar. With over a decade, its not surprised how low myself esteem is and my views on life. I am still not willing to give up but, fuck, its hard some days guys. If you haven't tried hypnosis, give it a try, and I think you maybe shocked.

I meditate. It is like hypnosis. I close my eyes, adjust my posture, and take deep, steady breaths. I usually do this while listening to calm, beautiful music. After at least 10 minutes of doing this and opening my eyes I feel fresh and relaxed. My vision sees a completely new world. If only I possessed the discipline to meditate for much longer periods of time -- hours at a time... But I suppose the 10-20 minutes is enough. It helps me readjust. It helps me to remind me what my purpose is, what the point of my being awake is. I need more things like this to distract me. No matter how good my mood may be, as soon as I look in the mirror and see my broken out face everything turns inside out. I need to stop looking in the mirror so much. I need to occupy myself. But the fact that I'm not going to school and I don't have a job makes that very hard. I try to read, I try to meditate, I try to watch TV, watch videos online, anything, but my composure never lasts long enough. I become uneasy and fidgety. I can never stay still. Something is seriously wrong with me. Today I was extremely depressed. Today I was filled with such despair that I felt paralyzed. The only thing that keeps me going is the fact that nothing is permanent. Good or bad or neutral, nothing. This too shall pass... and hopefully next time I'll be wise enough so that I can cherish the good times more and make it last much longer...

I did all that. I've gotten away from it lately but, I need to get back to it. I've been reading Buddhism and stuff in that regard. Stories on Zen and others alike. Still, its did nothing in regards to acne or acne scarring. I know its about my acceptance but, fuck, its so tough. Dating is hard enough as is. It sucks. My problem with the whole turn to god is that, I've did it the past decade, I am suffering like many of you guys on here, and some even more then me. If God is loving, where is the compassion in watching your face deteriorate in front of you? Not like a car accident or a birth defect but, gradually, little by little. Not like removing a band aid but, slowly, more pain, and more on top of what I am already going through? Why? I'll never understand it but, I am trying to get past it.

listen to good music..smoke weed..else go on a rampage----i break bricks and wooden blocks and broken concrete chunks!!!!!!i like the pain!!!!!!!

I use too as well. I boxed like BX when I was younger. I didn't care about looks or was never self conscious. I got older and I feel more fragile with age. Its strange.

Back to the topic, I still have the same battle everyday but, some days are much tougher. Why? God only knows? I am reading a lot. Mostly self help or philosophy. Anything food for thought. I've been stead for a couple weeks now on hypnosis. I feel inner confidence. I hate leaving my house still but, some days, I am at peace fully. Other days, its like hell all over again, and I want the suffering to go away. I wish I had a normal life, one I could use organics and holistic nutrition but, I've been down that road and without meds, I'll end up like the elephant man.

Again, if your considering hypnosis or want some resources in that regard, pm me.

I started reading about therapy and things a few months ago as I wondered if it could help me with my confidence and self esteem. A few therapists I looked up who work close to me also do hypnotherapy. Although I haven't read about it in great detail, it's definitely of interest. I figured that the emotional issues I have are ultimately linked to how I perceive things and how I think I am perceived by others. If I would need to essentially reprogram my thought processes, perhaps hypnotherapy would be ideal. :think:

Guest pokemonster

^ can hypnotherapy fe make someone into kinda like diff person as well? like make u think diff thoughts n just do things differently and everything? :T or its just about positive thinking blah blah again, kinda?

That's the thing I'm not too sure about. I would guess that with anxieties, confidence, self-esteem and so on, there are underlying reasons behind them and certain situations which trigger them. In that case, the aim would be to address those problems and remove them or, at the very least, learn to deal with them better and have better control of those particular situations. So they'd be altering the way your mind works, but I assume it would only be in regard to how you perceive those particular situations. And of course, they probably would aim to open you up to a more positive outlook too,

I don't suppose there's a quick fix though, and this shouldn't be viewed as one because it's not like they're going to flick a switch and fix me in an instant. But I still think there could be a lot to be gained in terms of understanding behaviours and things. In my case, I'd especially like to deal with the negative behaviours which have kind of become like second nature. It used to feel like they were helping me but I was just avoiding dealing with stuff and I've just made things worse. The stress of that probably makes my skin worse too so perhaps they go hand in hand. If I could remove all the stress and anxieties, perhaps my skin would respond long term in an equally positive way.

I definitely think the stress and the panic that a lack of confidence can trigger also has a negative affect on my skin. After all, if I'm spending my days trying to avoid people or hide away, and being on edge all the time, that can't be good for my skin. In fact, it's probably bad for my mental and physical health too! In that respect, maybe I really do need to do something! :confused:

PaulH85 do what u like man..what u enjoy..something that makes u feel good..music..weight training..boxing..martial arts..writing..etc

find a way to vent out what u feel..i'm a very pessimistic person and this acne ain't helping either.so i headbang to Pantera and practice breaking techniques.......:D

I started reading about therapy and things a few months ago as I wondered if it could help me with my confidence and self esteem. A few therapists I looked up who work close to me also do hypnotherapy. Although I haven't read about it in great detail, it's definitely of interest. I figured that the emotional issues I have are ultimately linked to how I perceive things and how I think I am perceived by others. If I would need to essentially reprogram my thought processes, perhaps hypnotherapy would be ideal. :think:

Paul, your another inspiration man, you and BX. I feel your pain when you mention that story with the girl. I was too passed up by a girl more recently for "the good looking guy." Feels bad guys but, I am not going to roll over and die or quit on life. I felt more confidence since doing the self help and the hypnosis.

I am telling anyone reading this, if you think your acne is not that bad, get help, get it fixed, then seek a nutritional cure. Eat health, do all you can to better your chances but, it did nothing in terms of consistency. Then again, if I ate shitty, god knows how bad it could have been. Thank you Paul. Have you under taken any self help? Are you dating? I've been mostly gaming or watching movies. I haven't been out much this year and this coming weekend likely wont be any different.

^ can hypnotherapy fe make someone into kinda like diff person as well? like make u think diff thoughts n just do things differently and everything? :T or its just about positive thinking blah blah again, kinda?

Sure man. I started reading self help, under taking positive thinking, and supporting it with a completely different life style. I didn't let acne control my life. I went all so much except during a bad cystic breakout. Those times, I wanted to hide from work and the world. It sucks but, it makes you stronger. I think we could all use someone to talk to.

Paul thank you again. You and BX are what this place needs.

That's the thing I'm not too sure about. I would guess that with anxieties, confidence, self-esteem and so on, there are underlying reasons behind them and certain situations which trigger them. In that case, the aim would be to address those problems and remove them or, at the very least, learn to deal with them better and have better control of those particular situations. So they'd be altering the way your mind works, but I assume it would only be in regard to how you perceive those particular situations. And of course, they probably would aim to open you up to a more positive outlook too,

I don't suppose there's a quick fix though, and this shouldn't be viewed as one because it's not like they're going to flick a switch and fix me in an instant. But I still think there could be a lot to be gained in terms of understanding behaviours and things. In my case, I'd especially like to deal with the negative behaviours which have kind of become like second nature. It used to feel like they were helping me but I was just avoiding dealing with stuff and I've just made things worse. The stress of that probably makes my skin worse too so perhaps they go hand in hand. If I could remove all the stress and anxieties, perhaps my skin would respond long term in an equally positive way.

I definitely think the stress and the panic that a lack of confidence can trigger also has a negative affect on my skin. After all, if I'm spending my days trying to avoid people or hide away, and being on edge all the time, that can't be good for my skin. In fact, it's probably bad for my mental and physical health too! In that respect, maybe I really do need to do something! :confused:

Interesting stuff. I realized as a child, I had so many issues with anxiety, and negative thinking. I would worry suddenly about deaths or what if this or that happened. Then, I would think or almost enter into that mindset. After reading positive stuff, self help books,and being around positive, out going people, it helped a lot. Right now, people are in school, careers, gf, engaged, married, kids, etc and its like life has left me behind which is depressing. Then again, people reach out to me and I am just not going out. Still, I've reached out to friends and some don't care or are too busy in their lives to take the time.

I think there is a lot going on man. I imagine, it could be horribly worse but, even seeing scars or thinking about cystic acne, it sets me off into a frenzy. I know guys shouldn't behave like this but, it sucks guys. Its tough. The sad thing is that, I am better now then I was before. When I was a child, I got scared for some reason for my kindergarten pictures. They called my dad, he talked me into going for it, and then, he took me out afterward. He bought me a figurine and a chocolate milk (one of the only ones I can recall drinking).

I think its signs here and other situations where I should have got help for anxiety and panic attacks. Its been a problem but, acne has been a nightmare. My dreams are usually sweet and beautiful but, last night, I dreamed I saw a scar so big, I could see my skull. I got so scared I woke up. :( Pretty awful guys.

For the most part, its been a turn around, and I am carrying more confidence. Since I noticed and became aware of the scar, its like my whole life is just been a mess. Last year was a huge lift in confidence and now, I am lower then where I started. Trying to make me stronger then I ever was and build on more confidence.

PaulH85 do what u like man..what u enjoy..something that makes u feel good..music..weight training..boxing..martial arts..writing..etc

find a way to vent out what u feel..i'm a very pessimistic person and this acne ain't helping either.so i headbang to Pantera and practice breaking techniques.......:D

Its nice to love things. I use to love going out to parties, out with friends but, the lighting sucks to be in. Scarring could be worse. Still very self conscious. Working on loving myself more and others.

A while ago, I started reading a book about self esteem - like a work book you go through in stages, with spaces in the margins to make notes, answer questions, and complete the tasks it sets. It's a series of exercises rather than a book you can just read, but I didn't stick with it long enough to make it part of my daily routine. Guess I just wasn't particularly open to it at the time and struggled to concentrate on it. Should give it another try.

I've become totally aware that I need to do something to change my way of thinking so I might as well try. I don't even think any of this is really about my acne anymore. Not directly anyway. The way I decided to behave for 12 years because of acne means that I'm socially inexperienced with no confidence, with no real friends to speak of, genrally disliking myself all the time, feeling very lonely and isolated. I got left behind in my teens and now I just feel so lost. Some of it could of course be fixed by just hanging out with people, but I feel like I don't know how or that they won't be interested, so it's just a vicious cycle. and it has gone on for far too long now.

My face broke out this week which freaked me out a bit after a month of being almost clear. I'm scared it might be going backwards again. Think it bothered me so much because I was starting to get used to it being clear and I started to consider that I could go out and try and be sociable and try to make some new friends. Quite how you do that at 25 years of age without seeming totally weird, I'm not too sure, but it seems that's what I need to do. I wonder if I need to move somewhere else and re-invent myself, so to speak. Leave the last 12 years behind and just be someone new.

The things I like to do - photography, writing, playing guitar, playing video games - aren't really making me happy anymore because I associate them as being things I do alone. They're mainly things I do just to pass time and I'm starting to resent them as a result.

A girl introduced herself to me online a couple of months ago, she was a friend of a friend on Facebook. We talked online for a while and eventually met up. It was nice and I got lucky with my skin that day because it looked alright. She backed out of a second date and said it was "her, not me". Can't really remember the reason she gave but in the end I guess she just wasn't too interested.

Then I met a girl last month when my skin was pretty much clear. It was great so I asked her out and she said yes. She backed out of the date at the last minute, then ignored my messages. Finally when she got back to me, she said she'd met someone else.

Whatever confidence I'd managed to find while my skin was good was shattered by that. It had taken me such an effort to even go and talk to her and it was just thrown back in my face.

So I can't really bring myself to get out there and date at the moment. I'm not in the right frame of mind for it anyway and that wouldn't be fair on people. I've never really done it before anyway and not ever sure I know how. Only been on one proper date, with the girl I mentioned from Facebook. Incidentally, she found out about the second girl, decided it meant I wasn't interested in her and has pretty much removed me from her life.

I suppose my mindset is all wrong. I just always think that people won't like me, or that they'll think bad of me. Or that when I'm around people, I'm essentially inflicting myself on them. I think my self esteem may actually be that low. I was bullied throughout school so that probably played its part, and the recent experiences with these two girls has only served to further make me feel as though people just wouldn't care about me.

I just feel lost and lonely, which is now making me angry. Mainly I think I'm angry at myself for making whatever choices I made which ultimately led me to be as I am. The choices I did or didn't make were initially because of my acne, but the way I've turned out 12 years later is so deeply-rooted that it's now become who I am to the point where the acne isn't even the issue anymore. It's now down to how I perceive myself, the way I think I'm perceived by others, and pretty much that I feel trapped inside my own body. I don't know how to get out, I don't know how to stop feeling so down, and I don't know how to let the anger go. My mind is just so tired and I seem to have lost enthusiasm for everything.

Although it is partly because of my acne and so on, these feeling have only come to the surface and taken over in the last month or so. I can only assume it's down to the situations with the two girls I mentioned. If that's the case, perhaps it's a good thing because they would have just been underlying for however much longer I guess.

It's bothering me mentally and that's never be a good thing long-term so it's clear to me that I need to address it.

The fact that I can articulate it and write about it makes me think I'd benefit from talking to someone and getting professional help. I just feel like I'd be wasting their time or something. And to be honest, the prospect of going to someone new and asking for help about these personal things, even if they are a professional, is scary. But I do need to work it out, get my head straight and figure out where I want to be.

All of this is clearly not my usual approach, in terms of posting something really negative and all, and I don't like doing it. I just find it easier to try and help others than I do to help myself or take my own advice. I guess I probably need to pay some attention to myself, too.

Thank you for your kind words and support by the way, it really does help.

Edited by PaulH85

I find they are all similar in terms of activities and giving you things to do, write, say, believe or try. If you read you gain but, if you read and act accordingly, you'll have a life experience to work with. I think that would make a huge difference man. Give it a try.

I've become totally aware that I need to do something to change my way of thinking so I might as well try. I don't even think any of this is really about my acne anymore. Not directly anyway. The way I decided to behave for 12 years because of acne means that I'm socially inexperienced with no confidence, with no real friends to speak of, genrally disliking myself all the time, feeling very lonely and isolated. I got left behind in my teens and now I just feel so lost. Some of it could of course be fixed by just hanging out with people, but I feel like I don't know how or that they won't be interested, so it's just a vicious cycle. and it has gone on for far too long now.

Its been close to 4weeks now since I got into the whole hypnosis audio track before bed. I cannot say enough on how much its helped. I can only imagine with months, years, decades, how much I'll progress. Some days are harder then others but, I am motivated by what I want to do with my life. I wnt the freedom to do anything and to have the kind of confidence I should have. It saddens me how badly acne has effected myself esteem but, I've grown so much since then and I do battle depression. Still, I wont let that be how my life plays out by being sad and alone. I will not live that way.

I got a couple phone numbers from girls recently. It feels good. I saw a pretty girl the other day, I smiled at her, and she smiled back. She was with her dad and I never went over. Last year, before the scarring, I would have but, I am working my way back to being the best me I can be. Its not easy but, life isn't easy.

I promised to share my secrets or any form of success with all of you. This has been successful in terms of increasing confidence. I am continuing my acne/acne scarring medication on top of healthy eating. Mainly focusing on a anti inflammatory diet. Things like dairy, omega 6 foods, eggs, etc are removed from my diet. I am really focusing on improving my skin as best as I can. For those of you who don't know, Brad Pitt, Nicholas Cage, Keanu Reeves, James Wood, Mike Myers, & so many others suffer from acne/acne scarring. It sucks. There are things we can do and though, we may never have flawless perfect skin, we can improve our lives. The quality of my life is essentially what I am working at. I wish you all luck on your journey!