Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tear-Here

Insane bacne.

Okay, so here's the deal.

I'm 15, got tons of acne. Face acne, back acne, a tiny bit on my arms and a small amount on my chest. Most of my face acne has been clearing up, which I'm extremely happy about but it seems that whatever I do to get rid of my bacne, it just doesn't go away. It's really eating away at my self-esteem. I mean, I'd love to go swimming this summer, or wear a dress for special occasions and wear tank tops and stuff but I can't because Im embarrassed by my acne.

So I've come here for some advice.

I wouldn't say my bacne is the worst but, it's pretty gross and very noticeable. I'm also one of the ones who pick at it.. so there's a lot of scars on my back.. and if you know any way I can get rid of the scars, please let me know. I've got a few pictures.. they're not the best quality but it's all I can do for now.

I really wish to abolish this bacne by June is possible. And thanks a ton for taking the time to read this and whatnot. I appreciate it.

-Vanessa

Photoon2011-04-14at2013.jpg

Photoon2011-04-14at20112.jpg

I can't figure out how to post photos.. that's the best I can do.. sorry.. >.<

Hi Vanessa.

Are you trying anything at the moment for your back acne?

If you read through this section, you will find many suggestions (apple cider vinegar, tea tree, sea salt etc.). What helped me with my mild back acne was acne.org's AHA+ lotion. I applied it using the "body buddy". Not only did it prevented new spots from forming, but it contains glycolic acid which gently exfoliates the skin, which should help to gradually reduce PIH.

From your photos, you dont appear to have very much active acne, it looks mostly like PIH, although it could be a trick of the light.

If you want to make your links clickable, just edit your post & remove the & tags, or you could use the attachment box that appears below the text box to attach your photos as I have done. This is the latest picture of my back. I have been getting the odd spot appearing since using AHA+, but nowhere near as many as I used to. The PIH is gradually reducing, but it's a long process.

post-144217-0-12231100-1318366107_thumb.

post-144217-0-12231100-1318366107_thumb.

Edited by Manticore

Hi Vanessa.

Are you trying anything at the moment for your back acne?

If you read through this section, you will find many suggestions (apple cider vinegar, tea tree, sea salt etc.). What helped me with my mild back acne was acne.org's AHA+ lotion. I applied it using the "body buddy". Not only did it prevented new spots from forming, but it contains glycolic acid which gently exfoliates the skin, which should help to gradually reduce PIH.

From your photos, you dont appear to have very much active acne, it looks mostly like PIH, although it could be a trick of the light.

If you want to make your links clickable, just edit your post & remove the & tags, or you could use the attachment box that appears below the text box to attach your photos as I have done. This is the latest picture of my back. I have been getting the odd spot appearing since using AHA+, but nowhere near as many as I used to. The PIH is gradually reducing, but it's a long process.

Hello what is PIH? Thank you. :)

Hello what is PIH? Thank you. :)

Post Inflammatory Hyperpigmentation. It's the (usually flat) mark that's sometimes left behind after you have had a spot. They can take months or even years to completely vanish. Different people seem to be susceptible to them in different places. Although it isn't that noticable in my photo above, I still have a lot of PIH on my back. It shows up more in different lighting conditions. Hopefully the AHA should help to fade it quicker.

Have a read here:- http://www.acne.org/messageboard/FAQ-Post-...y-H-t35143.html

Edited by Manticore

Sorry for the late reply.

For now I'm just using St. Ives apricot face wash on my back.. I use it for my face and it clears my face (though I still get a bit of face acne)

And I just wash it with dove soap in the shower followed by the St Ives product.

For now I'm just using St. Ives apricot face wash on my back.. I use it for my face and it clears my face (though I still get a bit of face acne)

And I just wash it with dove soap in the shower followed by the St Ives product.

Hi!

I've had back and chest acne for a long time - since before I was your age. I'm almost 34 now. It's hard to get rid of; it really is. Nothing seems to work. The only thing that ever really worked for me was birth control, but I don't like to take hormones because of the other side effects, so I don't use that anymore, and as soon as I stopped taking hormonal BC, my acne flared up again. I've been fighting with it ever since - about 3 years now.

Back in March, I bought Paula's Choice 2% BHA Weightless Body Lotion after doing some research online. It's really working well, especially on my back, which surprises me - usually, my back was the hardest to deal with. It's slower going on my chest, but it is working. It's really nice stuff - it absorbs quickly and doesn't sit on my skin and get all sticky. It smells a little weird, and it's $25 or so for a bottle of it, but a little goes a long way. 2% is the optimal percentage of salicylic acid (over the counter stuff at drugstores like Neutrogena and Clean & Clear use 2.5% or more), and the stuff also has botanicals and skin calming ingredients and all that.

I think you can probably get it at Ulta, but I bought it online at the Paula's Choice website, and I'm really glad I did. It really works - give it a try.

B

I use to have pretty bad bacne and so I decided to switch a few things up and it worked. I think a lot of acne I had on my body was caused by irritation. I switched products in several areas: I use the arm and hammer detergent for sensitive skin, I use bar soap on my lower body (which never gets any acne) and then I use gilettes hydrating body wash on my upper body and just apply it using my hands, I also let shampoo run off the back of my head and I switched to a teatree oil based shampoo that contains no parabens. I am not exactly sure which one of these worked best for me as I changed all this stuff up at about the same time. I think the bar soap was drying out my skin and causing a few areas to break out on my chest. Now I hardly get any breakouts on my chest. I also "dab" my body with a towel to dry off rather than "rubbing" my entire body with the towel. I felt like my skin is so sensitive that the rubbing of my body with a towel was causing irritation. I hope this helps.

I use to have pretty bad bacne and so I decided to switch a few things up and it worked. I think a lot of acne I had on my body was caused by irritation. I switched products in several areas: I use the arm and hammer detergent for sensitive skin, I use bar soap on my lower body (which never gets any acne) and then I use gilettes hydrating body wash on my upper body and just apply it using my hands, I also let shampoo run off the back of my head and I switched to a teatree oil based shampoo that contains no parabens. I am not exactly sure which one of these worked best for me as I changed all this stuff up at about the same time. I think the bar soap was drying out my skin and causing a few areas to break out on my chest. Now I hardly get any breakouts on my chest. I also "dab" my body with a towel to dry off rather than "rubbing" my entire body with the towel. I felt like my skin is so sensitive that the rubbing of my body with a towel was causing irritation. I hope this helps.

You may need something a bit stronger for your body. Products made for your face may not work on the skin on the rest your body.

Is the dove soap a bar? I gave up using bar soaps on the acne areas of my skin ages ago. I think generally, liquid washes are better for acne prone skin than bars of soap.

Edited by Manticore

...Back in March, I bought Paula's Choice 2% BHA Weightless Body Lotion after doing some research online. It's really working well, especially on my back, which surprises me - usually, my back was the hardest to deal with. It's slower going on my chest, but it is working...

I had exactly the same experience using AHA on my chest, as you did using BHA. Although it worked for my back, the AHA didn't seem to have much effect on my chest. I had to resort to using BP to clear my chest.

Edited by Manticore

...I use bar soap on my lower body (which never gets any acne)..

Same here. I use cheap "simple" bar soap on my legs, to save using the expensive Neutogena body wash on parts of my body that don't need it.

I feel your pain, Right now i'm using Acnefree Scar Fade and Erase. You should try it. it's working kind of for me. i'm gonna start Dans light to moderate treatment in a few days. But the acnefree is the ONLY thing that has helped fade my scars so far.

Hi!

I've had back and chest acne for a long time - since before I was your age. I'm almost 34 now. It's hard to get rid of; it really is. Nothing seems to work. The only thing that ever really worked for me was birth control, but I don't like to take hormones because of the other side effects, so I don't use that anymore, and as soon as I stopped taking hormonal BC, my acne flared up again. I've been fighting with it ever since - about 3 years now.

Back in March, I bought Paula's Choice 2% BHA Weightless Body Lotion after doing some research online. It's really working well, especially on my back, which surprises me - usually, my back was the hardest to deal with. It's slower going on my chest, but it is working. It's really nice stuff - it absorbs quickly and doesn't sit on my skin and get all sticky. It smells a little weird, and it's $25 or so for a bottle of it, but a little goes a long way. 2% is the optimal percentage of salicylic acid (over the counter stuff at drugstores like Neutrogena and Clean & Clear use 2.5% or more), and the stuff also has botanicals and skin calming ingredients and all that.

I think you can probably get it at Ulta, but I bought it online at the Paula's Choice website, and I'm really glad I did. It really works - give it a try.

B

What birth control cleared up your body acne? (:

UPDATE.

I know i've dissapeared for a while..

But here's what's been happening.

I started wearing tank tops around the house. I guess it allowed my back to breathe better than wearing t-shirts to bed and stuff. And I started wearing t-shirts with fabric a bit thinner than what I used to wear (normal cotton shirts)

Secondly, after being told that the st. Ives face wash might not work on my back because it's not strong enough, I stopped using it and started using the apricot scrub. But that broke me out quite terribly. So I started using dove liquid soap. It helped clear the acne from the st. Ives but not a lot. Eventually I stopped using anything. My back hardly has any zits on it now.

A few random ones here and there but it's a lot better than before!

So now I'm trying to look for a way to get rid of the millions of scars I have on my back.

And that's where I ask you all a question.

Know anything I can use for bacne scars?

This summer I've also been doing quite a bit of swimming. But I keep a t-shirt on in the pool due to my insecurities >.<

Also, I wanted to add that this summer I was out a lot more than any other summer. And it appeared that being in the sun actually helped clear my acne and reduced the look of scars on my face! I was amazed.

My face isnt too bad. A few zits here and there once in a while but then I'd have these crazy breakouts after doing my eyebrows, ahaha..

Anyways, I was suggested to use a product called Reversa.

I'm going to look into it, though it's quite expensive for me.

And also, my mom has noticed the acne on my back. My brother had the same problem but his was a lot worse than mine.

She wants to take me to a dermatologist but I don't really want to go because I'm afraid their going to prescribe antibiotics or something unnatural. I would like to cure this in the most natural way possible though. So I'm a bit worried but I'm not sure when she'll get around to taking me to see him :/

Thanks for reading all of this.it's very much appreciated! (:

Guest davidtheskinking

Try taking a sea salt bath, this has really helped a lot of people with body acne, bacne etc.

And drink a lot of water to so that your body can cleanse internally.

Hope that this helps,

David

Thanks for the tips, David!

All I drink is water :P

I stopped drinking pop and juice and stuff a while ago when I first started getting acne.

I'm going to have to try the salt bath. I saw a topic on here about that. I'll go check it out perhaps.

Try taking a sea salt bath, this has really helped a lot of people with body acne, bacne etc.

And drink a lot of water to so that your body can cleanse internally.

Hope that this helps,

David