Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Breetard89

Best makeup for covering pimples/scars?

I live in Australia, so if there are any Australian's on here that could recommend me some makeup that actually works to cover spots, that'd be amazing!

I've noticed a lot of makeup just will not cover spots at all, for whatever reason, and it's becoming quite frustrating!

I'm not sure if you have coverfx in australia, but that's the brand I use.

It didn't cause me to break out and it covers the redness pretty nicely.

The only problem is, is it can be hard to apply properly without a brush, and I haven't perfected the application yet because I never have time to put it on slowly. It can sometimes look cakey if I put to much on a particular pimple, mainly because if you have dry skin the makeup looks yucky, and BP drys out my skin and makes it flakey.

It's a cream foundation instead of a liquid, which I personally like better. I used the liquidy type of makeup for years and it didn't cover up my acne at all.

If you are looking for just a concealer type cover up, Laura Mericer is a great one. It hide's the pink very well however if you have dry skin or if the blemish you are trying to cover is a bit "scabby" then RMS makes a great concealer. The good thing about RMS is that it goes on very very light so you can add to it and get the results you are looking for. I have also used this product on my entire face to even out my skin tone.

You can order both products at sephora. Hope this helps

It does! I'm going to check out everything and see what works best.

I just can't wait til I can just apply a small amount of mineral powder over my face and that look good. Here's to clear skin! Haha.

Get a primer, and most makeup will look so much better on your skin! By primer I mean like the white/clear lotion that goes on your face before you apply makeup. The brand E.L.F. makes the best one and it's incredibly cheap. I found that if I use that before applying Maybelline Matte Mousse helped me apply my makeup soooo much better. It took me like a year to figure that out!

Yeah, I've also heard this. I'm not really great with makeup. I have never really worn it - especially when I went through 17-20 with clear skin, I never had a need to wear it - but I figure I'm getting older now and I need to try and look more respectable. Haha. And now that acne had decided that it will grace me again, it's even more of a reason to.

Where sells that brand here?