Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jwb1992

Accutane Second Course Question

Hey guys, new to joining the forum, but have read it for years as I have had acne since I was 13. After a plethora of over the counter antibiotics that had no response, I took accutane last January (2010) for a 6 month course. It cleared me of all acne and bumps and left me some minor red irritation on my face that eventually subsided.

A little more than a year later from when I started accutane, I started to breakout again. This time not nearly as bad but I get the sense that it was going to get worse. I went to the dermatologist a month ago who claimed that I was making up these breakouts as my face looked fine.

A month later, I am recovering from my worst breakout since pre accutane and am really getting annoyed with this persistent acne. I want to go on a second course of accutane but I know my dermatologist will not be ready to prescribe it with it being in the news lately and stuff.

My question to you guys is 1) has anyone gone on a second course of accutane for a shortened period of time? (I know that give my face 2-3 of accutane and I won't see a pimple again) and 2) how can I convince my dermatologist to prescribe it?

THANKS EVERYONE and GOOD LUCK!