Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi! I have been on the regimen for about three weeks now, and the areas in which I apply the BP are darker compared to the rest of my skin (and especially my neck). I thought it was my makeup at first, but now I know it has to be from the BP.

Have people had similar reactions? Also, does it go away? (TO be honest, if it does not go away, I am going to have to find something else).

Furthermore, I have used BP before with Proactive but didn't have this reaction. What is different this time?

I'm not sure what your ethnicity is, but it might be Dan's moisturizer or jojoba oil that is making your skin look orange. I have very fair skin, and the moisturizer + jojoba oil made my skin yellow/orange. I switched moisturizers now (I will use jojoba oil while my face is still wet) and I dont have the problem anymore. Then again, my face is done shedding sort of since I've been on the regimen about 8 weeks.

I'm very fair skinned! I thought it might have been that too, but I apply it all over my face and the dark areas are those that I apply the BP, mainly my chin! But thanks for the advice!

I did just get some new moisturizer-some vitamin C stuff from GNC.

I'm very fair skinned! I thought it might have been that too, but I apply it all over my face and the dark areas are those that I apply the BP, mainly my chin! But thanks for the advice!

I did just get some new moisturizer-some vitamin C stuff from GNC.

I have exactly the same issue and have only been using it under a week.

I dont follow the "regime" - in my opinion its much to MUCH for most peoples skin - (2 times a day and a whole fingers worth! WHAT!?) I use a garnier deep pore wash, a loreal toner, a small amount of 5% BP cream and a ton of E45 - (my face will literally fall off if I dont!).

And yeah - orangey tinge. As if I have applied fake tan and its gone a bit wrong - or as if i just look a little dirty! The area where its most pronounced is between my eye lids and eyebrows, and my nose. Which is strange because this isnt the area I focus on with the BP!

I didnt get this when I used to use the cream as a teenager so not sure why its happening. I did read that if you use certain types of sun screen with PABA? in it can cause discolouration. I have only used sunscreen once since being on the BP and from what I can see it has so PABA in. Any more thoughts on this would be GREATlY appreciated!

I have also found a similar pattern with the orangey tinge. I apply BP to my chin the most, but the most discolored and dry place is the line that divides my acne infested skin from my non-acne ridden skin. SO! I think the areas that are turning orangey are the most sensitive to the BP but I am not sure if it goes away! Maybe e-mailing Dan would be the best strategy to ask him if that is normal?

I have also found a similar pattern with the orangey tinge. I apply BP to my chin the most, but the most discolored and dry place is the line that divides my acne infested skin from my non-acne ridden skin. SO! I think the areas that are turning orangey are the most sensitive to the BP but I am not sure if it goes away! Maybe e-mailing Dan would be the best strategy to ask him if that is normal?

Hey Happyfeet

I'm a little baffled by this. I've never had a problem and I do the same!

One thing I can think of is exposure to the sun - how much do you get? as BP can affect layers of skin / sensitivity to the sun this could be a causal factor...

Steph

Sun exposure may be a factor but I use a sunscreen if I am going to be out more than 15-20 minutes and I don't apply BP in the morning anymore due to irritation. I also live in Oregon, haha, and if you aren't familiar with the state - rain, rain, rain! Yesterday was pretty much the first sunny day of spring...! But thanks I'll keep on eye on my exposure to the sun!

The orangey tinge is also starting to subside! Hmmm!