Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
faiz

hallelujah! acne cured. marks fading!

dear guys and gals,

i had moderate acne. mostly on my chin area. the worst things were the PIH left after acne. I have light brown skin. they would stick out like anything. i tried antibiotics, bp, just to name a few. i even tried orgainc acv with mother for the marks. it just didnt work! by a stroke of luck, i read a post here by this asian guy about turmeric. i had turmeric powder in the spice cabinet. i mixed it with water to create a paste. now before i put the mask on, i submerge my face in hot water for about a minute. then use a small amount of ph balanced cleanser to clear away the oil and dead skin. then i apply the paste all over the face for about 15-30 minutes. now for white folks, this is a disclaimer, turmeric stains your face yellowish. it takes 2 to 3 times of washing with cleanser to get almost everything out. for whatever is left, i use my acv+water solution. you can use a good toner if smell is an issue.

but let me tell you. all acne is gone. i had this fat cyst in my neck that was deep in my skin. bitch died in 2 days. pow! best part is that my skin tone is getting so even. the pih(s) are really fading. it has only been 5 days. wow! i am also incorporating turmeric capsules(found at vitamin shoppe/gnc) into my diet from today. this shit is the bomb.

i just wanted to share my experience because i know acne is a dreadful thing. it hampered my self esteem. there were times i didnt go out because of my stupid acne and pih. gladly, those days seem to be over, iA. hope this helps someone. i dont know if i will come and visit this place again but just wanted to share my discovery with y'all! peace and love.

"but let me tell you. all acne is gone. i had this fat cyst in my neck that was deep in my skin. bitch died in 2 days. pow! best part is that my skin tone is getting so even. the pih(s) are really fading. it has only been 5 days. wow! i am also incorporating turmeric capsules(found at vitamin shoppe/gnc) into my diet from today. this shit is the bomb."

this paragraph made me LOL!

anyway im so happy ppl are writing their experiences on here about turmeric :D I've been using it since Feb and my skin has been FABULOUS got rid of all my acne in like 3 days and haven't had one since then(except for after 3 days of intense tanning at the beach)... my pih scars are fading... but they'll take a while to fully disappear maybe like in Sept(im patient and have faith in turmeric so that wont be a problem)...

indeed TURMERIC IS THE BEST :hifive:

Edited by dragonfly21

Hi there, hope you can help. Where can I buy tumeric powder? And what brand do you both use.I have been "experimenting" with baby powder (contains cornstarch and aloe vera). I can honestly say I'm really happy with the results. I have not had any active pimples in almost 4 days. My skin is extremely oily that is why I decided to try the baby powder. Even my red marks are fading, though not completely.

Hi there, hope you can help. Where can I buy tumeric powder? And what brand do you both use.I have been "experimenting" with baby powder (contains cornstarch and aloe vera). I can honestly say I'm really happy with the results. I have not had any active pimples in almost 4 days. My skin is extremely oily that is why I decided to try the baby powder. Even my red marks are fading, though not completely.

you can buy it in grocery stores like publix.. the brand i use is McCormick...

Cool i had nvr heard about ppl using baby powder :)

...bitch died in 2 days. pow!...

Too. Damn. Funny! That has got to be the quote of the week! Thanks for making me laugh out loud, Faiz.

-dgman

P.S. I know you mentioned you may not be back but just in case you're reading this: How about an update on the turmeric regimen?

Edited by dgman

Hello,

Regarding red or brownish red scars and marks...

I've used a mashed strained paste of, believe it or not, chick peas(garbanzo beans) mixed with a very little, very light olive oil, though as it's not for eating, I've also used tea tree oil too.

You take the paste and use it as a mud pack, at least 3 times per week and you will see any light red or reddish-tan(my skin tends to scar tan to brown, and red on my face)marks and scars start to fade by the 3rd time.

This doesn't work on deep scars or keliod scars, but it's helped with my acne scars.

I know that picking at the inflammations from acne is not good, but my mother, a RN, used to hold my brohters & I in a death grip with our heads on her lap, and pop all the pimples that we had until just looking at her would hurt...made it a bad habit for all three of us...

So, now at 43 (you all could be my children...lol) I've got some very bad scars on my cheeks, and forehead.

I read that this mixture I've described works for older people with age spots(or some people call them liver spots) on their hands and faces, so I thought "what the heck?...couldn't hurt, right?"

It does work, but you need to use a more gentle salacitic acid scrub NO APRICOT or Other Scratchy Scrubs-they just cause more damage- to exfoliate, put a nice warm, not hot compress on the skin, to open the pores, then put this bean made mud mask on fairly thickly, for about 20 minutes, and wash off, using a non drying facial wash, and then follow up with a non-oily moisturizer-I like the one Biore makes.

I found out about the mixture from volunteering with Homebound Seniors, and from taking a whole bunch of very nice ladies to their senior meetings... It's amazing how much knowledge you can pick up from the Septigenarians in our country... Where I live in PA is Betwee the Coal regions and the Steel Mills on the East coast, and even in the city of Reading, everyone of that generation had a vegetable garden in their back yard. Even if they lived in a city row. Plus, our area has some acreage that the county government owns that people can rent very cheaply for gardening space if their own homes don't have the room. Up until my health started to get bad, I would rent one of the 30ft by 30ft gardening squares, starting every April through October.

I even have grown Cotton, as I'm a spinner and spin my own yarn for weaving, and making clothing by knitting and crochet.

Good luck girls!!!

I'd be happy if I'd never get another breakout, but going through "the change" is as nutty on a woman's bod' as puberty...lol. It's puberty in reverse... :rolleyes:

Blessings to you all. I've read a lot of great advice in here since I joined, I always try to keep my "treatments" as natural as possible, due to the fact that since Brain Surgery in 01, I'm dependant on a crap-load of pain killers, anti depressants, 37 pills per day counting 2 vitamins that I also take. Natures's Bounty-Hair, Skin, & Nails plus MilkThistle-so my liver doesn't wear out from the prescription meds.

Hope everyone has a Pleasant and Blessed Easter tomorrow---well, actually today...lol

Anne

aka

BigMomma or MommaDukes

"It does work, but you need to use a more gentle salacitic acid scrub NO APRICOT or Other Scratchy Scrubs-they just cause more damage- to exfoliate, put a nice warm, not hot compress on the skin, to open the pores, then put this bean made mud mask on fairly thickly, for about 20 minutes, and wash off, using a non drying facial wash, and then follow up with a non-oily moisturizer-I like the one Biore makes."

what kind of scrub then?? rly wanting to know since my mom has "sun spots" and keeps asking me what she should do since im not sure turmeric is for age spots... :question:

if you want PM with the info :)

... and yes, Happy Easter!

Edited by dragonfly21

I'm trying this too but I'm not seeing many results. I put the turmeric/water paste on my spots for about 20 minutes, then rinse it off, then slather honey all over my face (it's my moisturizer lol).

Am I doing something wrong? It's only been three days but with the amount of staining it leaves...

Nice to see another success story about turmeric. I've been reading a lot about it so I finally decided to try it myself. I started a few days ago, haven't seen much change but hey, it's only been a few days. I mixed some turmeric powder with lemon juice (about a 1:2 ratio, usually more lemon juice just so the mixture gets pasty) and leave it on for about 15 min before washing it off with this foaming cleanser I have.

Any suggestions for what I should add to my routine? Or is it good just the way it is?

faiz, you said your pih faded significantly after 5 days, so hopefully I can get results like yours soon too

Edit: If it matters at all, i'm doing this once every night right before I go to bed

Edited by Battletoads

Turmeric appears to be awesome from what i've heard. I take it as a supplement to my diet.

However, the staining properties make it hard to use topically (especially for a guy).

I've done it a few times though, but it seems like maybe it irritates my skin.

It seems to cause whiteheads to form (by the next day).

I use it as a paste in lemon juice and aloe vera.

My thought was that since the powder clumps and is a bit scratchy that the abrasion was causing the irritation.

So I want to dissolve it in oil next time i try. I know its fat soluble but I can't seems to get it fully dissolved.

I want to start again though. How often should it be done? Once or twice a day?