Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nevergiveup1

More effective Vit E oil or E45 cream??

Which is more effective after a scab falls off and its still pink Vit E or E45 ?????????

feedback welcome,

nevergiveup1

I recently read a published article that showed that vit E on scars is helpful is a myth, the article showed it actually didn't help improve healing or the appearance of scars. Wonder which journal that was in, I'll try to find it and post the link for you. Or try googling it in google scholar, it may come up.

Which is more effective after a scab falls off and its still pink Vit E or E45 ?????????

feedback welcome,

nevergiveup1

I recently read a published article that showed that vit E on scars is helpful is a myth, the article showed it actually didn't help improve healing or the appearance of scars. Wonder which journal that was in, I'll try to find it and post the link for you. Or try googling it in google scholar, it may come up.

It's on MedScape, too.

I founs E45 better , is it ok to use on scab?

nevergiveup1

My reccomendation would be not to put anything on a scab other than vasaline or aquaphor.

After a scab falls off, I'd use Neosporin or Polysporin. I've been using Neosporin on the side of my cheek after a scab fell off & it's healing nicely. At first I applied it several times throughout the day, but now I just apply it after I wash my face in the morning & at night. I also put a small band-aid over it at night so the Neosporin doesn't spread everywhere.