Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
wenc3160

scars from Clean and Clear

I have had active cysts for eight years now. At one point I had laser surgery done to help clear up the scars and that was a waist of good money. I now have developed tiny little cysts all over my nose and checks. I have been using Clean and Clear with 2% salytic (sp?) and it is making face scar even worse. The cysts dry up and when the dead skin falls off I have a lovely new scar. Can anybody recommend anything that is good for cysts that will not cause scarring? I also use Dermatoliga anti-bacterial wash and that seems to help but doesn't bring the cysts out of the skin. :wall:

What kind of scars are you talking about? Either way, Salicylic Acid is more for treating blackheads and clogged pores rather than cystic acne. I've tried lots of spot treatments. What works best for me is 100% Tea Tree Oil. I got mine from Wal-Mart - it's the Spring Valley brand. The bottle is stocked in the Vitamin section. I've heard the Desert Essence brand works best for whatever reason - apparently you can get it from Walgreens, but I've never seen it there - I've only seen it at Whole Foods. Anyhow, I dip the end of a q-tip in the bottle, make sure it's not dripping & then dab it on any spots I have. It's some pretty strong stuff so I personally only apply it once a day, before bed. It stinks to high heavens as well, but you get used to it after awhile. :)

Also I don't know if you're male/female or how old you may be, but from my understanding, cystic acne is usually caused by a hormonal imbalance. You could try getting your hormones checked.

Good luck!

you can buy desert essence tea tree oil on amazon. the stuff does smell stronggg, but u can use it as spot treatment to see what it does for u=)

Thanks for the responses. The kind of scars I'm talking about are pinholes. I will check out Amazon for desert essence tea tree oil.