Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Harleydarley

Do I have to BP my whole face?

I used to have severe acne on my forehead and temples, but I guess I outgrew that and now I have mild/moderate acne, but only around my mouth area.

Still, it's annoying and I decided I want to get rid of my acne once and for all so I ordered dan's regimen and started it three days ago. My skin seemed to take the treatment cream pretty well so I went ahead and started with the full two pumps. Since then I've gotten positive results. The pimples around my mouth are retreating. Some initial breakout, but those are quickly retreating aswell. I've noticed the normal side effects, blotchyness, redness, swelling, flakiness, but it's worst around my cheek areas, the rest of my face seems pretty resistant to it.

So my question is do I even need to apply the bp lotion to my cheeks? I've never had acne on them except maybe the odd pimple here and there, so it seems superfluous and it's really uncomfortable. Or maybe just apply less to them?

Oh and also, I was pleasantly suprised when I noticed the blackheads on my nose are all but gone, does bp work for blackheads aswell? I thought those were treated differently.

Thanks for your time.

If you know you only really break out in certain areas, it's okay to only treat those areas. Just reduce the amount of BP you're using accordingly.

Jumping right into using a full two pumps isn't the greatest idea. While your skin may seem to handle it well for the first few days, keep in mind that the dryness usually takes a week or so to kick in, and for people that rush into using too much BP too fast, the dryness can set in pretty severely, which can be not only uncomfortable and embarrassing, but irritating to the skin, which can actually trigger even more breakouts.

I'd seriously, seriously recomend reducing the amount of BP you're using significantly--especially if you're only treating part of your face--and working up to a larger amount (you won't need the full two pumps, since you're not planning on doing full-face application) over the course of a month.

If you know you only really break out in certain areas, it's okay to only treat those areas. Just reduce the amount of BP you're using accordingly.

Jumping right into using a full two pumps isn't the greatest idea. While your skin may seem to handle it well for the first few days, keep in mind that the dryness usually takes a week or so to kick in, and for people that rush into using too much BP too fast, the dryness can set in pretty severely, which can be not only uncomfortable and embarrassing, but irritating to the skin, which can actually trigger even more breakouts.

I'd seriously, seriously recomend reducing the amount of BP you're using significantly--especially if you're only treating part of your face--and working up to a larger amount (you won't need the full two pumps, since you're not planning on doing full-face application) over the course of a month.

If you dont really get acne on your cheeks dont bother putting BP on them! Its a pretty nasty chemical to be honest that although it helps prevent acne it ages you, causes your skin to dry out - AND when you stop can make you break out even more. Dont ruin your cheeks. People may not agree with me but this is a type of peroxide - use as little as possible only where you really need it!