Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
orange.froot

Dry, shiny skin patches from using too much lemon?

I've been using lemon juice to get rid of my hyperpigmentation but the citric acid irritated my skin. The juice helped with the spots but now I have dry, shiny patches on my skin that I really want to heal. Are there any home remedies I can use. I put light moisturizer on at night but it doesn't do much for the dryness. I don't want to use something heavier overnight in case I break out.

So any suggestions or success stories??

Thank you.

I had this same thing. I would not advise putting jojoba oil on it until you do a few days - week of a test patch.

I had a severe allergic reaction to jojoba oil that did not develop until 2 months later. My skin is still recovering. It made my skin dry out completely to the point where I can only wash my face once a day now. And I was only adding a spray of it into my moisturizer.

It was a miracle at first. Now I wish I would of never messed with my routine. ;-)

Just test it first.

Well, since I have an overnight trip coming up I want to clear up my hyperpigmentation as soon as possible (deadline May 20th..GAH) so I steam my face and apply diluted (50%) lemon juice everyday. Apparently tumeric powder helps as well so I've started applying that too. This is my 4th day. I think it works...slowly. It doesnt dry out my skin though :)

Where can I buy jojoba oil?

I heard honey is great for dry skin too, but I don't know if it heals.

Are there any other suggestions? :)