Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
unicornfairy

Non-inflamed acne ALL over forehead?

I have small, uninflamed acne all over the middle of my forehead. They are small little bumps and flesh colored and occasionally turn into whiteheads, which I then pop but it becomes a scab! if i squeeze the bumps usually some gross type of semi-hard oil plug comes out, but I try not to do that. I only wear makeup if I have a huge red zit/spot and never all over my forehead so I don't think it's from cosmetics. I exfoliate regularly and always keep my face clean. What should I do?

I have small, uninflamed acne all over the middle of my forehead. They are small little bumps and flesh colored and occasionally turn into whiteheads, which I then pop but it becomes a scab! if i squeeze the bumps usually some gross type of semi-hard oil plug comes out, but I try not to do that. I only wear makeup if I have a huge red zit/spot and never all over my forehead so I don't think it's from cosmetics. I exfoliate regularly and always keep my face clean. What should I do?

If you'd not said that you can squeeze stuff out of these then I'd have suggested they were maybe a fungal infection rather than closed comedones. You could have a read of the post pinned about this just incase though..

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Small-bum...es-t164964.html

I currently have congested areas on the downsides of my mouth/chin area that I'm going to try and correct with mandelic acid. Are you doing manual or chemical exfoliation?

Try a sulfur mask on your forehead(one a week), Leave it on for 10 minutes take it off with a warm/wet washcloth. If any of yours harden to a blackhead state try removing with tweezers, and not popping.

Proavtive makes a good sulfur mask (you can get at the mall), Ive seen them at drug stores but never tried

Edited by hockeymc16

* This is an edit. Mrs. Grape doesn't live here anymore.

Cya, the Org.

Edited by Mrs. Grape

I have the same! And that's probably my most frustrating area of all because I always had a rather clear forehead and now although it's not very red or inflamed, it always bothers me so much when the bumpyness is caught in the light :(

What I am trying to do lately is eat very healthy (Low Glycemic) and be healthy, because I definitely think acne/skin issues have internal causes.

Good luck!

I suggest looking into fungal folliculitis as well. I had exactly the same thing on my forehead: tons of little bumps with plugs like tiny grains of rice. Sometimes they would flare red or turn into whiteheads. I got rid of them by washing my forehead with nizoral shampoo- my forehead's completely clear now!

Thanks guys!

I have looked at the thread about fungal acne, and I'm unsure about whether or not that's the acne I have. Thanks for the tip about removing blackheads with tweezers- these bumps don't really turn into blackheads but that will be helpful for the occasional blackhead I do get and am not sure how to deal with!

I have thought about hair products being the cause, but I don't use anything except for shampoo and conditioner. However I know conditioner can sometimes cause acne (shampoo too, but I need that!) so I have stopped using conditioner, but it's too early to tell if it's helping.

akko- Our conditions sound really similar! What is nizoral shampoo and can I buy it at a drugstore/grocery store?

i had this before. it was terrible. started tazorac and they all inflamed .

i dont recommend jumping on retin a or tazorac. maybe start with BHA treatment and change up your hair routine.

a BHA wash is usually not effective. that is what they say.

Nizoral shampoo is available OTC at drugstores or most grocery stores in North America I think.

I have those. Right now Im doing the baby brush method, lemon water in the morning, and head and shoulders shampoo on there. Not sure which is working, but one (or a combination) is working. It's been 3 days and I'd say I'm about 30% clearer with those little buggers.

Guest Timehealsall

I have these things as well. Has any of your guys little bumps scarred, even if you did not pick at them?

Thanks guys!

I have looked at the thread about fungal acne, and I'm unsure about whether or not that's the acne I have. Thanks for the tip about removing blackheads with tweezers- these bumps don't really turn into blackheads but that will be helpful for the occasional blackhead I do get and am not sure how to deal with!

I have thought about hair products being the cause, but I don't use anything except for shampoo and conditioner. However I know conditioner can sometimes cause acne (shampoo too, but I need that!) so I have stopped using conditioner, but it's too early to tell if it's helping.

akko- Our conditions sound really similar! What is nizoral shampoo and can I buy it at a drugstore/grocery store?