Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cj121

when do you wash??

i shave in the shower. i used to shave and then wash, but then read somewhere to wash first and then shave.. any suggestions on which is better??

i wash my face before i shave in the shower. washing my face is the very last thing i do in the shower. i use a salicylic acid cleanser to wash my face then i shave after i have rinsed off the cleanser.

i wash my face first, then shower, then after dryign i put on a soothing aftershave balm, and my skin feels great since i started using the tumeric mask every time after i shave

Because you have alot of oil and dirt on your face, it is important to wash your face first. All the effects from a day, or even sleeping through the night, creates a large amount of bacteria on one's face. To prevent the clogging of the pores and the spread of bacteria around the face from using a razor, or electric for that matter, wash and rinse before shaving. If you have sensitive skin and don't want to irritate the skin so much, try washing or exfoliating a few hours before shaving.