Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MG2011

What motivates us as contributors to Acne.org?

Our Motivations as Contributors  

30 members have voted

1. 1. What brings you to Acne.org?

• Feeling a sense of community
    • Having non-judgmental interactions
    • Sharing knowledge
    • Venting
    • Blogging
    • Being curious
    • All of the above
    • None of the above
    • Other
  2. 2. Can the experience on Acne.org be replicated in a place other than the internet (i.e. in-person focus group, coffee shop, at home with friends)?

• Yes
    • No
    • Impartial
    • Prefer not to say
  3. 3. Are acne message boards and blogs the most effective way in obtaining and sharing information about acne?

• Yes
    • No
    • Impartial
    • Prefer not to say

I think what brings us here is a sense of community and affinity with others undergoing a similar experince. It's also just a really cool place!

Please take this poll and let's see what everyone says...

10:48pm--To those of you who have taken the poll--thanks!

To those of you who have yet to--please do and encourage others!

;)

Edited by MG2011

HOPE - thats the big thing for me. There are so many members here trying VARIOUS regimens and its that sense of hope that we will strike gold and find the ultimate cure and be able to not only cure ourselves but share it with everybody else.

Also the feeling of being able to relate with others in our situation is very reassuring sometimes these things are hard to talk about in person. Talking about them to random people over the internet who can relate to you, not so much.....

I feel I'm at a place in my life where I've finally achieved clear skin, and I love helping others skip over the roadblocks I was not fortunate enough to avoid in my war on acne. Also I like that this board has remained a secret to trolls, and the community is all on alert, and in "help" mode.

I got to second HOPE.

Because it really helps me when i actually believe there is something i can do you enhance my looks.

Even though sometimes i feel like i have tried all and nothing will help.(that is the worst feeling in the world) If you just give up

Thank you all so much for your feedback. I can't believe I didn't include that as an option--Hope. Of course, that's what keeps many of us going with everything in our lives.

Thanks again :)

Edited by MG2011

For me i guess it motivates me. to make my skin better, to stick to a particualar regimen, track my progress read about other peoples experiences. also the community and non judgemental and helpful anwers, that ive not got from any of the derms ive been to.

I feel I'm at a place in my life where I've finally achieved clear skin, and I love helping others skip over the roadblocks I was not fortunate enough to avoid in my war on acne. Also I like that this board has remained a secret to trolls, and the community is all on alert, and in "help" mode.

I hope it continues but, I am unsure. I see posters say how they did this or that treatment for either acne or acne scars. You click the profile with little or nothing ever posted. Possible? Sure. Likely? Who knows? I wonder if its a laser clinic or a scam. I am cautious. Also, lots of posters say I found a cure or treatment. Promises of pics but, nobody almost ever provides any.

You commented on my thread. Thanks man. I hope you continue to enjoy clear skin.

Guest pokemonster

& also..trolling option? =P

but havent seen no trolls here ever myself tho :ermm:

For me it's all about ME.

Just being honest.

It's the way of the world i'm afraid.

Community is a dying thing, a relic of the past, something we will look back on in the future when remembering the good ol' days

You all are great. Thanks so much for your wonderful feedback. Having hope, helping one another, being honest, seeing our obsessions--these are all great.

I voted! I love coming here and sharing the knowledge I've gained from spending countless hours reading about acne and Accutane (which I am a strong advocate of). I really like looking at past logs as well. I don't have acne anymore and my skin is so clear. I like giving advice as well.

Hi Everyone,

I posted a couple of pics related to my blog. The pics can be found via:

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php...amp;album=11620

These are real, unaltered pics, but they are so small because they were taken on my camera phone--the only "camera" I've got! The hilarious thing is have have these two moles on my left cheek and a scar underneath makes it look like a happy face or something. lol

My scarring is namely on my cheeks. The funny thing about acne and scars is that you would think I would want to cover it up and wear my hair down, but in fact it's the opposite. I am always sporting my"power" bun at work!

I think it's great that people post pics on here, and my gut feeling is that while some may alter them before posting, most people feel comfortable enough to post the real deal here. Do you all agree???...

Edited by MG2011

I just wanted to reiterate how great your responses were again. An infomercial plugged by a celebrity is not valuable, nor is a family/friend (w/o acne) giving you skin tips. Here, we find people like us, and even if we can't see them, other than those who post photos, our experiences are familiar. :D

I come for these reasons: Gain knowledge; share knowledge; comfort other members :D

Excellent! Thanks, hiddenspirit et al. Sounds like gaining and sharing is key to our community. ;)