Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dreww

The natual way...doing nothing at all.

So why does our skin need all these products to be healthy? In short, it doesn't. I really think that all these creams/topicals we apply to our faces only worsens the situation. These companies who make these "miracle products" know that it wont cure the problem, only minimizing it. In return, the customer feels that its working and when they run empty, they go and purchase more. BAM! more $$$. The cycle never stops and in the end the only thing you are left with is a blotchy, red and unhealthy layer of skin from all those harsh chemicals.

Folks, you should stop it all right now. Dont give in. Sure you may seem to develop more pimples if you stop using 'medication' but it will feel good to say that you aren't interferring with the process. Let things naturally occur. Let your body take care of it by itself. Ttrust me, it needs no outside help. After awhile you may still have pimples, but the surrounding skin will look and feel healthier. You have finally let it breath!

I really feel that the root cause of acne, and of all skins problems is irritation. Thats all these products do...is irritate your skin.

LOL...I know Im quite new to this forum, but that is a pretty uneducated statement. There are MANY causes of acne none of which is a ROOT cause.

Never broken out because you are stressed out?

Come on you guys cannot be serious...just let it go and it will heal on it's own? Would have never started in the first place if that was the case...

Put it this way. Heres how acne topicals hit the market.

There was a problem : Acne

There was a NEED for a product to fix this problem : Topicals

Acne preceeded any topical out there.

Which basically blows your theory out of the water.

So why does our skin need all these products to be healthy? In short, it doesn't. I really think that all these creams/topicals we apply to our faces only worsens the situation. These companies who make these "miracle products" know that it wont cure the problem, only minimizing it. In return, the customer feels that its working and when they run empty, they go and purchase more. BAM! more $$$. The cycle never stops and in the end the only thing you are left with is a blotchy, red and unhealthy layer of skin from all those harsh chemicals.

Folks, you should stop it all right now. Dont give in. Sure you may seem to develop more pimples if you stop using 'medication' but it will feel good to say that you aren't interferring with the process. Let things naturally occur. Let your body take care of it by itself. Ttrust me, it needs no outside help. After awhile you may still have pimples, but the surrounding skin will look and feel healthier. You have finally let it breath!

I really feel that the root cause of acne, and of all skins problems is irritation. Thats all these products do...is irritate your skin.

You should all stop eating food too! Damn groceries stores just trying to take all our money. and your car can run without gas - so don't give into the high oil prices.

Don't make such sweeping statements if they are just based on opinion.

Anyway, I've tried this. I cleared up completely (not even any red marks) last January from a TOPICAL, and decided to go back to using soap, water, and little else. Didn't work. Got cysts, went back to square 1. Actually, further back than square 1, more like square -839. I wish I never stopped that routine, since my skin has never been that good since.

I believe there's something WRONG with my skin. It does not function the way clear skin does, and if I left it alone, it'll just run amok (as it has before).

I for one agree with you. I've had acne since i was 14. When my mom saw my red face, she got me a kit of Clean and Clear. After using that stuff for a year and a half, without any success, i completely burned my skin. It became ORANGE and extremely itchy and irritated. At first i had no idea what caused this sudden change in colour. But after 2 days of not using any creams, the orange colour disappeared and my face went back to its initial colour. Since then, i can no longer use any chemicals on my face; so i leave it alone and just use soap and water. Sure i still have acne, but a lot less than before, and i am actually starting to think that it's starting to fade away little by little.

People often underestimate the power of the human body; it's a lot more powerful than we think, and most of the time we don't give it enough credit. Proof of that are all the antibiotics we use as soon as we have the flu. A runny nose, and it's a nation-wide panic. We won't settle for nothing else than a prescription of the strongest antibiotic there is.

I'm not trying to say that absolutely no one needs medication. In fact a lot of illnesses as well as cases of acne that do require medical attention. However, the fact remains that most of the time we simply abuse drugs that are available to us.

If anyone is considering the "natural way", you should stay away from soap on your face also.

Hmm, I don't think so. I know that if I came off antibiotics and stopped using my topical (which is great and means I'm clear at the moment), I would break out again immediately, be left with more red marks and possibly scarring which I have avoided so far.

Acne takes years to go away, most of the people on this board know that. It is really unlikely to go away by itself quickly just because you decided to do nothing about it. Doesn't work. I know that my spots would be worse than when I was 14, and wouldn't give my skin a chance in hell of sorting it out by itself yet. dry.gif

I dont believe in using nothing but......it is worth keeping the number of products you use to a minimum. I just use BP a good moisturizer and exfoliate occasionaly.

What you people fail to realise is 1)Soap isnt natural either nor hot water is 2)You dont know what you're trying to achieve and in the sight of the first brakeout you fold.Ive been on this "regimen" for 2 weeks and my face is better than ever,i had the most horrible brakeouts ever in the first 3 days but my oil production is regulating each day.Man never needed topicals to have a clear skin(or anything else on that matter).So when you say you're gonna go natural then you must wash like 2-3 times per week and cold water only otherwise you're creating the same environment that got you acne in the first place.

Yeah, i tried this method too. Just washing my face with a cleanser was all i did for my mild acne. Guess what. It's moderate now! btw, i didn't use any meds for almost a year. I wish i would have taken care of it while it was still mild then i wouldn't be in this mess.

What you people fail to realise is 1)Soap isnt natural either nor hot water is 2)You dont know what you're trying to achieve and in the sight of the first brakeout you fold.Ive been on this "regimen" for 2 weeks and my face is better than ever,i had the most horrible brakeouts ever in the first 3 days but my oil production is regulating each day.Man never needed topicals to have a clear skin(or anything else on that matter).So when you say you're gonna go natural then you must wash like 2-3 times per week and cold water only otherwise you're creating the same environment that got you acne in the first place.

Both sides of this argument have some truth:

While acne is not necessarily a "modern" disease, it is true that it is far less common in cultures with little or no contact with our lifestyle. People who live the hunter/gatherer lifestyle today do not have a lot of the health problems that come with Western civilization. As soon as agriculture was introduced, everything changed. Populations became more dense, a greater distance developed between leaders and followers, food sources actually became MORE limited. People were growing certain crops for cash and eating the less nutrient dense foods that they could not sell. Think about it - life as a hunter/gatherer was really easy. Agriculture is far more labor intensive, and it ends up creating a society in which some people are laborers and others are the bosses. As a result, life is more stressful for everyone. Our entire way of life stems from the introduction of agriculture, which coincides with a lot of health problems that have only escalated in the past several hundred years. So yeah, of course it worked for the hunter/gatherers to do nothing to their faces and be clear. They were physically active, relatively stress-free, and had the ideal diet. There is honestly NO way that any of us can hope to emulate this lifestyle. Our bodies aren't even made the same way as people who grow up in foraging communities. Acne existed hundreds of years ago, long before anyone started formulating topicals as a source of income. Really, if anyone is going to argue that we should be doing nothing but washing our faces with cold water twice weekly in order to control acne, I guess we ought to stop brushing our teeth and merely start picking them with tree branches. Afterall, indigenous foraging societies tend to have perfect teeth without the help of Listerine or Colgate.

I was not being sarcastic,but i dont think the 2% of population of then is compared to the 50+% of today.I never heard of anyone having acne for 5+ years before coming here and after reading about the methods u use to cure your skin it kinda made alot of sense.